• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bust half dollars

46 posts in this topic

Those are the ones I'm talking about. Just spelled it wrong. Been collecting coins for 40 years and there my favorite. Putting together a complet collection of AU-MS coins from 1794-1839. Alos putting another collection of the same years but in fine-AU condition. :)

Those are the ones I'm talking about. Just spelled it wrong. Been collecting coins for 40 years and there my favorite. Putting together a complet collection of AU-MS coins from 1794-1839. Alos putting another collection of the same years but in fine-AU condition. :)

I'm sorry, but you can't make a statement like that without posting pictures. :baiting:

:grin:

Welcome to the forum! :hi:

There are several bust collectors around here, with some mighty fine coins!

I would post the pictures but there in my safety deposit box. The 2nd one I have but there in a Dansco Album which has 8 pages. To many to take pictures of. (shrug)

Just Bob. Nice looking dime you have. real nice colors. Looks like a 66 although tough to tell from picture.

Thanks. I picked it up from board member brwnprkns via Teletrade.

Here is the obverse:

86162.jpg.cce36c89789fb4e694ec5449ed97abfe.jpg

Holy Smokes!!! :o I adore early US half dollars and would dearly love to see images of your 1796 and 1797 pieces. By the way, welcome to the boards.

I can't get pictures of my good bust half, but as I stated, I'm starting on my seconde collection grading from Fine-AU. Here is what I've got so farIMG_0959.jpg

I collect early Lincolns and Peace dollars primarily but CBH's are fun (as Stefanie would say).

Here are a couple of AU's and a bunch from a box.

Lance.

1823PCGSAU50O103obv.jpg1823PCGSAU50O103rev.jpg

1810PCGSCBHAU53obv.jpg1810PCGSCBHAU53rev.jpg

PCGSCBHs.jpg

Welcome to the boards! Yes there are a few of us that collect bust halves, some more studiously than others, but we all enjoy them. Do you also collect by die maariage?