• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC misattribution? error?

15 posts in this topic

http://cgi.ebay.com/ONLY-1958-LINCOLN-WHEAT-CENT-PENNY-1C-NGC-MS-68-RD_W0QQitemZ230376196376QQcmdZViewItemQQssPageNameZRSS:B:SRCH:US:101

Holder says MS-68RD

I've never seen a wheat that looks that good without being a PF-68RD...let alone neither PCGS or NGC reports a MS-68RD having been certified...

This is what you get when you go to ebay...

WOW...it was at $1075 with 30 seconds to go, a third of that was 30 second inflation...hope NGC fixes this one, but I don't believe they will, and I have a feeling that that seller knew exactly what he was selling.

First a MS Morgan they called a Proof, and now a Proof 1958 wheat called MS. Good thing these slabs protect newbies until they learn to grade! Oh but remember they don't pay off for "mechanical" errors. :D

Yes I know things like this are rare. I just can't help but stir the pot a little.