• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC needs to remove this coin from the market.

15 posts in this topic

Take a look at eBay item #370260121. It is attributed as a PROOF. It is a business strike. This coin has been in this holder for several years, and has passed thru several dealers hands. It has a fair market value of about 1/20 the eBay BIN price.

With the name being Judd I just wonder if you collect patterns

MY mistake on the listing number. It WAS item #370260121233. Seller ID jason_best.

The seller quickly ended the listing when he was notified that the item was being reported to NGC. This coin has flown under the radar for several years. Hopefully no uninformed collectors have been taken by this misattribution/misrepresentation.

Take a look at eBay item #370260121. It is attributed as a PROOF. It is a business strike. This coin has been in this holder for several years, and has passed thru several dealers hands. It has a fair market value of about 1/20 the eBay BIN price.

With the name being Judd I just wonder if you collect patterns

I have owned a Pattern Morgan previously.

That thing looks nothing like any Morgan proof I've ever seen.Apparently,NGC made a clerical error and no one has seen fit to re submit the coin to have it corrected.Greedy,Greedy. I saw a recent error similar to this by PCGS.They labeled a PL 79 S as MS63CAM I know it's not as serious a mistake,but it did bring a premium.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1879-S-PCGS-ERROR-MS63-CAM-DMPL-SILVER-MORGAN-DOLLAR_W0QQitemZ200380573015QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCoins_US_Individual?hash=item2ea79ce557&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Sorry bout that.This post didn't make sense until I fixed the left out CAM designation.

MY mistake on the listing number. It WAS item #370260121233. Seller ID jason_best.

The seller quickly ended the listing when he was notified that the item was being reported to NGC. This coin has flown under the radar for several years. Hopefully no uninformed collectors have been taken by this misattribution/misrepresentation.

Link to Auction!!

looks like a mechanical error in my minds eye

was graded ms 63 and somehow pf was put on the tag by mistake instead of ms

I agree - looks MS - just a typo w/ PF.

Wonder if someone did get burned on this

as its been on the open market a few times

over the last few years ... ???

well even from the photos you can tell the coin that is; well at least to collectors familiar with proofs that this coin IS NOT PROOF NOT EVEN CLOSE

unfortunately with many new collectors entering the market with lots of money to spend this coin ironically enough will fool many because of the respected third party holdered grade designation

but after buying such a coin then after the fact this is when the buyer will try to inform himself about the coin then only too soon learn that they got duped

i see this many times

this is why it is of utmost importance to first do the research before buying the coin

Let's see what was that standard line again about how the slab protects the newbie until he can learn how to grade on his own?? :D

Obviously, the new collector needs to learn as much as he can about grading as fast as he can. Until then, is the new collector better off trusting the opinion of a top tier grading service or the opinion of the average B&M coin dealer?

Let's see what was that standard line again about how the slab protects the newbie until he can learn how to grade on his own?? :D

Obviously, the new collector needs to learn as much as he can about grading as fast as he can. Until then, is the new collector better off trusting the opinion of a top tier grading service or the opinion of the average B&M coin dealer?

None of the above. He is better off trusting his unopened checkbook until he learns something about what he is considering buying.