• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Photo Contest - Anyone interested? Imaging order now listed

57 posts in this topic

oh, I see Mark Goodman is in on this one. doh!

I think we might see a few drop out of the races after this new information. lol

I would give it a shot if the coin wasn't a proof! Toned Proof Copper is a nightmare to image!!!! :frustrated:

I will be watching on the sidelines, good luck coin weenies. (thumbs u

Here is the finalized list and the order in which the coin will travel. The order is set geographical and will start in California, where I am. It should save a little time since it won't be crisscrossing the country. It will be making a stop to 15 states and 26 contestants and will end up in Connecticut before returning to California.

Good Luck in what messydesk has labeled, "The Brilliant Proof Toner Smackdown"

It is currently in the mail to Carl.

CarlWohlforth Received 9/5

Becoka

Crazyhounddog

Blue62vette

Renomedphys

BillyGoatsGruff

Mgoodm3

Bochiman

Airplanenut

Relicsncoins

Astrostu

Bsshog40

Coindude

rgCoinGuy

FEC

DMWJR

James_EarlyUS

Morgandollar1878

Messydesk

Soty27

Direwolf1972

Physics-fan3.14

Pheh

Frnklnlvr

Lehigh96

Morgansforever

Bob......Are you going to select the ultimate winner?

I think he said results would be chosen by a poll.

Jason is right. I'll put a poll on both boards and combine the total votes. You'll be voting on the image number, 1-25. No one will know who took the picture, except the one who took it.

I've decided not to let the big names intimidate me. The camera will do most the work. All it takes is a couple good lucky pictures! (thumbs u

That's the sprit Bobby. :headbang::headbang::headbang: Remember, there's no big names, just big numbers. Besides you have the tilt mobile that nobody else has. tilttablemodified004.jpg

I've decided not to let the big names intimidate me. The camera will do most the work. All it takes is a couple good lucky pictures! (thumbs u

That's the sprit Bobby. :headbang::headbang::headbang: Remember, there's no big names, just big numbers. Besides you have the tilt mobile that nobody else has. tilttablemodified004.jpg

That is sweet! I've wished for something like that on a number of occassions!

lol:roflmao: Yea!!!!!!!

I now need the tilt-mobile as well as Krypto Goggles! Unfortunately the tilt-mobile won't get here soon enough to help with this contest...

Good luck carl!!

Here is the finalized list and the order in which the coin will travel. The order is set geographical and will start in California, where I am. It should save a little time since it won't be crisscrossing the country. It will be making a stop to 15 states and 26 contestants and will end up in Connecticut before returning to California.

CarlWohlforth - Received 9/5

Becoka - Received 9/8

Crazyhounddog

Blue62vette

Renomedphys

BillyGoatsGruff

Mgoodm3

Bochiman

Airplanenut

Relicsncoins

Astrostu

Bsshog40

Coindude

rgCoinGuy

FEC

DMWJR

James_EarlyUS

Morgandollar1878

Messydesk

Soty27

Direwolf1972

Physics-fan3.14

Pheh

Frnklnlvr

Lehigh96

Morgansforever

Carl has passed the coin to Ben.

... The winner will be chosen based on a pole posted on this forum. ...

So, we get to vote on who's the best pole dancer? Can we get a photo of Goodman in a G-string? Don't you mean a poll? :baiting:

Very Sweet looking coin, congrats on the pickup! :applause:

Sounds like a great (and fun) contest Bob. Best of Luck on getting the perfect obverse and reverse photos of the coin!

Sounds like a great (and fun) contest Bob. Best of Luck on getting the perfect obverse and reverse photos of the coin!

Are the entries going to be judged on both sides together, or each side separately? That is, could one person win one side, and another person win the other side?

So, we get to vote on who's the best pole dancer? Can we get a photo of Goodman in a G-string? Don't you mean a poll? :baiting:

Very Sweet looking coin, congrats on the pickup! :applause:

Good one Sy. :roflmao:

Damn spell check. :tonofbricks:

CarlWohlforth - Received 9/5

Becoka - Received 9/8, mailed to renomedphys 9/14

Crazyhounddog

Blue62vette

Renomedphys - Received 9/17

BillyGoatsGruff

Mgoodm3

Bochiman

Airplanenut

Relicsncoins

Astrostu

Bsshog40

Coindude

rgCoinGuy

FEC

DMWJR

James_EarlyUS

Morgandollar1878

Messydesk

Soty27

Direwolf1972

Physics-fan3.14

Pheh

Frnklnlvr

Lehigh96

Morgansforever

Carl has passed the coin to Ben.

Is now on the way to Renomedphys. Crazyhounddog and Blue62vette will be re-inserted after Airplanenut.

Well I'm hoping I get hit with it on a friday cause my work may delay during the week until the weekend. Hope it will be ok if this happens Bob!

What are you talking about Bobby? You'll be retired by the time it gets to you. :P

Actually, we had a delay with Ben because the next two people in line had a couple of complications. This delayed the shipping process because we weren't sure who to send it to. It's all figured out now and a couple of days each is really all anybody will be able to stand. Plus about 3 days shipping and we are looking an average elapsed time of 5 days between people. If we get lucky maybe a couple of days shipping.

But anyway, back to your question Bobby. You can do no wrong in my eyes, so whatever you do is aces with me. :D

Well I'm hoping I get hit with it on a friday cause my work may delay during the week until the weekend. Hope it will be ok if this happens Bob!

What are you talking about Bobby? You'll be retired by the time it gets to you. :P

Actually, we had a delay with Ben because the next two people in line had a couple of complications. This delayed the shipping process because we weren't sure who to send it to. It's all figured out now and a couple of days each is really all anybody will be able to stand. Plus about 3 days shipping and we are looking an average elapsed time of 5 days between people. If we get lucky maybe a couple of days shipping.

But anyway, back to your question Bobby. You can do no wrong in my eyes, so whatever you do is aces with me. :D

Thanks Bob. Btw, I know I'm getting old but as much as I'd like to retire, I don't want to push the years any faster than they are already going! lol

I hope my new camera arrives before the coin. By the way, I assume that you want the photos to be simply the isolated obv. and rev. of the coin in a standard size (like 640x640 px) without any distinguishing layouts?

I hope my new camera arrives before the coin. By the way, I assume that you want the photos to be simply the isolated obv. and rev. of the coin in a standard size (like 640x640 px) without any distinguishing layouts?

I looks like you'll be getting the coin about the middle of next month. :wishluck: Just be sure when you send it to Bobby that it reaches him on Friday. :baiting:

You can use what ever background you want, but in this case the background should be just the slab or a color, nothing fancy. Size should be around 500x500. I like large images, but since there are so many entries, it will be easier to compare the pics against one another if they are a bit smaller than 640x640.

Bringing this back to the top for the benefit of the entrants that are left in case they didn't see the TrueView to compare with their efforts.

After having seen the coin in-hand, I think the TrueView is not terribly true to the coin's actual appearance. Without giving away too much, the coin in person just doesn't really look like that unless lighted a certain way so as to unrealistically emphasize colors. While that's a more exciting and dynamic image to look at, I personally prefer more realistic images, and tailored my photos that way.

As an aside, I didn't even know the TrueViews existed when I imaged it. When I did realized it and compared my images, it was instantly apparent that mine aren't as exciting, but I'm still OK with them. The slab does make it more difficult to image, though!

Any status updates on the whereabouts of the coin?