• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This coin fits the deffinition of eye appeal......

12 posts in this topic

This is the coin that fills my Morgan slot in my Anacs Certificate Type Set. The coin is a common date, but is just a pleasure to view. It has relatively mark free surfaces, supberb luster and very nice rim toning. Anacs graded the coin 65/63, but I can't imagine the coin would grade below 65. What say you?

1881SOA.jpg1881SRA.jpg

1881Sanacs.jpg

This is the coin that fills my Morgan slot in my Anacs Certificate Type Set. The coin is a common date, but is just a pleasure to view. It has relatively mark free surfaces, supberb luster and very nice rim toning. Anacs graded the coin 65/63, but I can't imagine the coin would grade below 65. What say you?

Luster,luster,luster!!!Really nice one.Probably 65.

ms-65 and above average eye appeal

reverse is low end 65 obverse is 65++

my grade in a pcgs/ngc holder ms65 and this coin would look much better than most ms65 of this date in pcgs/ngc holders

Since that is an 1881-S Morgan dollar, automatically the odds are excellent that the coin will be attractive. So you picked a good starting point toward getting the best possible type Morgan. And further, I agree with you that it looks like a lock for 65, and a shot for upgrade. Great coin, and as always, I truly enjoy reading about your exploits in pursuit of photo-cert coins.

[font:Courier New] [/font]

Hi, I am new here and I just got a Morgan also, its a 1889 year. I dont think it is nice as yours but, I hardly paid anything for it and I had been wanting one. What are some of the best forums here? There is alot going one here that does not deal with coins. Thanks for letting me share.

Hi, I am new here and I just got a Morgan also, its a 1889 year. I dont think it is nice as yours but, I hardly paid anything for it and I had been wanting one. What are some of the best forums here? There is alot going one here that does not deal with coins. Thanks for letting me share.

Depends on what you like. U.S. Coin forum if you want to see lots of great coins with descriptions, advice, disappointments, opinions.

Or perhaps Numismatic Tangent for coin politics, business, personalities, and humor...lots of humor :)

If want grading, I go to "Brother can you spare a grade" but you can get this in the U.S. Forum as well.

In my one year here I have learned more than I could have imagined.

Also there is a great Market Place if you're looking for a coin to purchase or perhap have a coin to sell.

Welcome to the boards

:headbang:

Depends on what you like. U.S. Coin forum if you want to see lots of great coins with descriptions, advice, disappointments, opinions.

Or perhaps Numismatic Tangent for coin politics, business, personalities, and humor...lots of humor :)

If want grading, I go to "Brother can you spare a grade" but you can get this in the U.S. Forum as well.

In my one year here I have learned more than I could have imagined.

Also there is a great Market Place if you're looking for a coin to purchase or perhap have a coin to sell.

Welcome to the boards

:headbang:

I agree with Old Pueblo. Also, most of the coin forums that are around will have about the same Numismatic related material as well as Off Topic discussions. Some more off topic than others. I visit about 3 other forums besides this one, but I have found that this NGC forum is the better of all. This is just my opinion. There are some very knowledgeable Collectors/Members here that will give you honest opinions/answers to your questions without making you feel ignorant. Welcome to the forum!!!

welcome to the boards (thumbs u

this IS the place yes this is and currently is the place for coin discussions and some coin fun and interesting enlightening topics

good luck

also for more questions and/or answers and more information as the case may be there is the pm function

That coin and specifically the toning isn't really my cup of tea as far as eye appeal but the luster looks strong and the surfaces look clean enough for an MS65 so depending on the price.....you may have a winner (thumbs u