• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More Half Dime pics

7 posts in this topic

The toning on the reverse of the second looks nice. Seated coins so often come with really nice color. It sucks that the obverse design wasn't better. frown.gif

The reverse of the first, and both sides of the second, look like the reverse of the second color-wise. The 1871 is seated in the holder at a bad angle, and made scanning impossible. I can't get the 1838 at an angle that will capture the colors.

Both coins are AU-58's, but the 1838 has no visible wear, even at 10x magnification. PCGS missed the boat on this piece, and I paid MS-61 money for it without a problem. The 1871 was not priced at much of a premium to the grade, and only cost me a few dollars more than an 1872-S in 58 I got several months back. Both coins were at Win Carner's table and were from a fresh batch of toned stuff he just got back from the services this week.