• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone else prefer the Registry Award set format to the normal format?

3 posts in this topic

As I was looking through the Registry Awards, I noticed, as I am sure most of you did that NGC changed the format of each individual set as well as the format when you actual click on the Cert #.

Here's the Registry Award format -- Barry's Peace Gems

Here's the regular registry format -- Barry's Peace Gems

I also liked the bigger pics in each individual coin page -- 1921 Peace (big pic)

As opposed to the regular format -- 1921 Peace (small pic)

What does everyone else think? I wonder if NGC is going to change the format for all the Registry Sets?

And finally, wasn't each set that was the best in each category going to get at least a icon next to the set in the registry? Does anyone know if NGC is still going to do this? I don't see icons next to any of the sets.

Thanks

Michael

I prefer the regular version myself, mainly because the award version doesn't recognize the HTML tags properly and in the set display it isn't as clear which coins in the set are NGC vs PCGS (if you understand the way each company issues their cert #'s you can). Also, if you're on a dialup loading the larger images may cause some speed issues. Just my $.02.

I'm still on cloud9.gif that they selected my set as one of the best presented!

I like the regular better for function but the award for format. The award does not list the grading service, and it also has no link on the date which can be used to see the score table for that date as well as the pop report for the date.