• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FUN Show - New Liberty Nickel

16 posts in this topic

This one is a 1900 NGC MS66. Very nice Liberty nickels were in abundance at this years show so i searched quite a while for one that i found particularly eye appealing. This coin exhibits a virtually perfect, clear, strong strike. The toning is subtle - with shades of a gloden green around the obverse and reverse rims that doesn't show to well in my pictures. There are no major flaws or distractions whatsoever, and I feel this is a very high end piece for the grade.

SSCN1289.JPG

SSCN1291.JPG

This one is a 1900 NGC MS66. Very nice Liberty nickels were in abundance at this years show so i searched quite a while for one that i found particularly eye appealing. This coin exhibits a virtually perfect, clear, strong strike. The toning is subtle - with shades of a gloden green around the obverse and reverse rims that doesn't show to well in my pictures. There are no major flaws or distractions whatsoever, and I feel this is a very high end piece for the grade.

SSCN1289.JPG

SSCN1291.JPG

That is one great looking coin you have there. How much did you get it for?

WOW! What a great nickel! That's my favorite of your latest acquisitions. smile.gif Fantastic original surfaces, gleaming lustre, and superb detail, especially in the wreath. Liberty's hair is mostly fully formed with only a tad weakness above the ear, and the fields are PL, at least on the obverse. Superb. thumbsup2.gif

Hoot

Android, is that a die crack I see running from the top of the left wreath up thru the "U" in PLURIBUS on the reverse, or a scratch on the holder or a hair on the scan or am I imagining it? Beau-TEE-full coin and I think it should be a 67!

This design is one of my favorites and if I weren't spending so much time and money for Jeffs, this is the series I would get into! Yours just makes it that much harder for me to stay with the Jeffs! For now, anyway.

I am usually a little leary on toned lib nickels, but that one is truly beautiful! You can just pick up the hints of green on the reverse photo. thumbsup2.gif

Thanks everyone! Spy88, there isn't a die crack like the one you described, but there is a very small one running from the top of the E is STATES to the rim.

At the risk of breaking up the love fest over this coin - I have seen it in person and am sorry to report....

it looks even better than in the images. shocked.gif