• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HEY NGC......

16 posts in this topic

While reading the thread about the AT coin on Yahoo, it occurred to me that it might be of interest to forum members if NGC posted some pictures of problem coins with a detailed explanation of the problem.

I am sure you get coins submitted that are AT, counterfit, altered, etc. It would be educational for us to see pics of these coins and to understand how you made the determination.

It's a good Idea. We offer a "no grade" brochure for free that has photos in it as well as explanations. Putting the images online and describing the problems is a fine idea but frankly we have been so busy (not complaining) and we are all working so hard lately I just don't know who would have the time to do it..... I'll keep it in mind. Maybe a no grade of the month or something like that down the road.

John

No grade of the month sounds like a great idea. I am sure many people would look forwad to it.

And go ahead and complain if you like - I got my coffee mug so I am happy for a while.

Gunsmoke, you just wait until it is YOUR no grade that they put up. "We have no idea why this was even submitted. Look at the clear signs of polishing, tooling, artificial toning, not to mention the added mint mark..." wink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

I'm not naming names, but someone in this tight little circle of friends recently had a submission returned from PCGS with a "polished" Sacawagea!? Way to go! What? You don't know the difference and now own a $15. bobybagged SAC? Good going! tongue.giftongue.gif

You mean people actually slab those things. Geez, I don't know what is worse, submitting a coin that gets body bagged or submitting a Sac?

Boy, I hate when that happens:

.....when a Sac gets sacked.