• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is 'across the street'?

22 posts in this topic

I keep seeing it mentioned... what y'all talking about 'across the street?

It's often abbreviated "ATS". I was a member over there until getting banned over the Norweb Hibernia fiasco. Several members here were banned for other reasons, and I believe at least a couple are "self-banned".

Or maybe the other way around....There seem to be far more foul balls and strikeouts on the PCGS board than on NGC.

NGC also has top talent, such as David Lange, who actually participate in discussions. All PCGS wants is your cash.

NGC also has top talent, such as David Lange, who actually participate in discussions.
As well as at least one top 100 Numismatic novelist... I don't want to be a name dropper but! :)

Or maybe the other way around....There seem to be far more foul balls and strikeouts on the PCGS board than on NGC.

NGC also has top talent, such as David Lange, who actually participate in discussions. All PCGS wants is your cash.

I find it's much more comfortable here. Not to imply that you guys are the equivalent of an old pair of shoes...:grin:

It's kind of like the major leagues over there. This is AAA.

Let's see, major leagues. Isn't that where all the players are overpaid Prima Donnas who won't give you the time of day, where the ticket prices are astronomical even for the nosebleed seats if you can even get them, where you can see and enjoy the game a whole lot better in you living room than at the park, and where if the players will even acknowledge your presence and maybe even sign an autograph.......for $25.

Then there's the AAA leagues where you can take the whole family out to the park for an affordable evening, get decent seats, possibly even hob-knob with the players and they are happy to sign autographs or do pictures.....for free. And the games are probably more interesting to watch.

Let's hear it for the AAA league.

Let's see, major leagues. Isn't that where all the players are overpaid Prima Donnas who won't give you the time of day, where the ticket prices are astronomical even for the nosebleed seats if you can even get them, where you can see and enjoy the game a whole lot better in you living room than at the park, and where if the players will even acknowledge your presence and maybe even sign an autograph.......for $25.

Then there's the AAA leagues where you can take the whole family out to the park for an affordable evening, get decent seats, possibly even hob-knob with the players and they are happy to sign autographs or do pictures.....for free. And the games are probably more interesting to watch.

Hot dogs and soda are ridiculously overpriced in the major leagues!

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applaus :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:e: :applause: :applause: :applause:

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applaus :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:e: :applause: :applause: :applause:

great self-impotent self-serving ............................................

It's kind of like the major leagues over there. This is AAA. ;)

oh come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

even before i was booted from there I had obtained much better numismatic acumen from the 'major players' on this board. Of which there are many. And a lot of us lesser peons have had a lot to offer too!

great self-impotent self-serving ............................................

It's kind of like the major leagues over there. This is AAA. ;)

oh come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

even before i was booted from there I had obtained much better numismatic acumen from the 'major players' on this board. Of which there are many. And a lot of us lesser peons have had a lot to offer too!

Seriously! There are a lot of people with huge post counts that I don’t believe have ever read any numismatic literature, never bought a raw coin, and still believe that the plastic makes the coin. Time spent filtering through all the garbage posts to find a shred of insightful information could be better spent in any other numismatic pursuit.

I can’t even begin to get into the censorship issues that the PCGS board has. They should call it the Peoples’ Republic of the PCGS boards so we all understand not to get out of line.