• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

In 3 days it'll be the 40th anniversary of Woodstock. Post something related.

22 posts in this topic

Hard to believe, this weekend will be the 40th anniversary of Woodstock. Post something related to that event... coin, poster, picture of weed :foryou: (well, that might not go over with the moderator), whatever.

sh1969kh-1.jpg

Woodstock.jpg

GiveFlower.jpg

Ahhhh great thread! Music is one of my big loves and this is one of my favorite eras of music. I have a rather large collection of music memorabilia, however I don't have much that could be considered Woodstock related.

Here is an advertisement postcard for a concert at the Filmore in San Fransisco. (Yes it is an original) Though this concert took place a couple of years earlier it does feature two bands that played at Woodstock. (Grateful Dead, Country Joe and the Fish)

Picture158.jpg

Led Zepplin was asked to join the roster at Woodstock but they were on their first U.S. tour at the time.

Here is Led Zeppelin's 1969 U.S. tour program.

100_1855.jpg

100_1857.jpg

Ahhhh great thread! Music is one of my big loves and this is one of my favorite eras of music. I have a rather large collection of music memorabilia, however I don't have much that could be considered Woodstock related.

Vinyl! :cloud9: All that wonderful music on vinyl! (thumbs u

Vinyl may be bad for coins, but there was some great music on vinyl!! :banana:

BTW: I was 9 in 1969 living just outside of NYC. I knew what was going on!

Scott :hi:

The mid 60’s seen the advent of the evolution of mini-skirt. English model Jean Shrimpton,

then 22, in the famous mini-dress she wore to the 1965 Victoria Derby in Melbourne,

outraging society matrons who also complained she wore no hat or gloves.

shrimpton.jpg

Photographer: Clive MacKinnon

Date: 30 Oct 1965

mini-skirt.jpg

Photographer: Henry Cartier-Bresson

Date: 1969

Thanks to Jean Shrimpton, I did get to see a few short skirts before having to

don my combat boots. But, the empowered Asian girls loved to wear minis,

so it was good global eye candy.

Hat’s off to the late 60’s

1969 yeehaw! Good times since I had a family hardship deferment. I was 19 on my first chopper I built from parts.

Now that's what I'm talking about!! I was 10 during woodstock!

I was spending my first month in the jungles of VietNam during Woodstock :mad:

I lost a cousin in Vietnam. Know it wasn't fun but just want to thank you for what ya did Rons!!

I was spending my first month in the jungles of VietNam during Woodstock :mad:
God bless the USA and God bless our veterens that keep this country safe and free. I'd much rather celebrate our troops every day than celebrate Woodstock ever. Don't get me wrong I absolutely love that music, but I believe the way that our Vietnam vets were treated on their return is absolutely a shame when we had people running across our northern borders with no recourse.

If I've never said it before, thank you Ron. Thank you to all who have ever served in our military, but especially to those who have spent time in combat zones.