• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Barber guys... O mint question...

4 posts in this topic

Ok Barber guys, I have never really got into these coins, but the proofs have always interested me.

Im working on a type set of New Orleans coins and need some Barber coins for this collection. Below are the dates I thought about using for my set, but wanted to get some input here before I started looking for some coins.

Dime

1895-O

Quarter

1909-O

Half

1905-O

Anything you guys can tell me to expect with the dates above would be great! Ive seen some amazing O Barbers posted and I know some of you guys know your stuff.

Im trying to go in the grade range of XF45-AU55. Also, if there's any other dates that would work, and are more scarce than the ones Ive picked, please share with me which ones?

Thanks

I'm sure that Elbasaar may see this post sometime. he is a very avid collector of Barbers. I'm sure he could give you some good info.

I am a Barber half collector, and VF-XF grades in all years and mint-marks across the board are almost non-existent. Best of luck.

Although I answered your thread accross the street -

I'll add a summation.

All three dates are killers and are rarely available;

you'll become very discouraged if you stay with

these three dates. You must have great patience

as all three are set stoppers. Also - have deep

pockets - all three coins are valued many times

grey sheet.