• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

L@@K ! Opinions Welcome , Tp Slab or Not to Slab

21 posts in this topic

Well, I LQQKED and like what I see. Depends on your taste and what your doing with your collection. If you are putting together a type set graded, fine, slab it! If you are collecting just high grade V nickles, fine slab it! But if you are collecting album coins, abumit! Keep it raw...I love raw.

Very nice, I like it. When I buy a slabbed coin, it's a coin I like at a good price and it will be cracked out of the slab and be put into an album or I will keep it as a specimen for comparison. I don't send out coins to be slabbed as I'm not interested in resale.

Very nice looking V! I agree with the others as keeping it raw. The only way I would slab it is for personal preference or re-sale.

If I owned it, I would grade it. It will improve the marketability of the coin.
I wouldn't - I'd leave and enjoy it as is. The grading fee (and postage) would amount to a large % of the value of the coin, and I don't think it would add much to its liquidity, either.

MS-63 was my gut. Reverse is weaker than the obverse grade-wise. The obverse could go 64 on a good day. I prefer raw on something like that.

If I owned it, I would grade it. It will improve the marketability of the coin.
I wouldn't - I'd leave and enjoy it as is. The grading fee (and postage) would amount to a large % of the value of the coin, and I don't think it would add much to its liquidity, either.

I thought it was better than a 63, but at that grade, you are right. It probably is worth about $100.

I wouldn't submit either of those Liberty nickels for certification, but then again I don't submit many coins relative to quite a few other folks.

It wouldn't make sense to slab or attempt to slab either coin....the 1906 looks like a solid MS63 and the other coin looks like it would get BB for environmental damage

I think that the first Liberty nickel you posted would get an MS-64. Gray Sheet bid for an MS-64 is $150. That falls into the marginal category when it comes to spending money ceritifcation.

The second coin, although it has interesting toning would get a body bag IMO. It makes no sense to send that on in for grading.

On the 1912, first I need to know the mint P,D, or S?

If it's a Frisco coin, well then we'll have to take another look see.

If it's not from Frisco, I agree with the others as to not submit.

My opinion, is that no way does that 1906 go MS. There is luster breaks in the field aound the V and on the V itself, as well as on Ms. Liberty. The coin looks like a typical 55 to 58 coin to me.

It is the more common P no mint mark

This V is the most "toned" and corroded? in the collection.

I think this one should upgraded ???? The complete set is closer to the 1906 AU-MS grades except 1885 which is G+ and 1886 Fine

I greatly appreciate your input

I understand where you are going with this, but given the spots on that coin, I have doubts that it would grade even if it were a 1912-S or D.