• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

“Professional Outdoor Coin Collector”

9 posts in this topic

Link to NBC

Last night, (July 30) NBC’s Conan O’Brian had a segment about the high rate of unemployment in America, but he said that there were bright spots such as Oklahoma City, so he interviewed the Public Relations director of Oklahoma City to understand why the unemployment was so low there. Mr. Jennings said that not only does Oklahoma City have jobs for Doctors, Lawyers and School Teachers, they have positions open like the “Professional Outdoor Coin Collector”

I myself would take advantage of the “Horny Dude Relaxer”

There is a short advertisement before the clip, so be patient.

I thought Conan was a perfect choice for replacing Leno. Leno was a great host and I think Conan is going to be another great! Funny clip there Woody!!

I've never particularly been a fan of Conan, That clip above is pretty funny though.

My brother back in his "less productive" years, was a professional outdoor coin collector in Austin Tx, he would go out for a day and pay his rent for the month.

Its a pretty lucrative buisseness. lol

One winter a few years ago, we had a local TV station here uncover some of the “Will work for food” sign holding scammers. This was fertile country at that time of the year and they would actually defend their turf (the good corners) and at times, police had to intervene until they finally cracked down on hand-out pan handlers.

The TV news crew followed one guy under surveillance, back to his not so old suburban parked at a local church, got in and drove off. The next day he was back, so a crew with “pencil cams” pulled up and offered him a job pulling weeds along a fence for a days wages. He declined saying his back hurt and would not be able to bend over so they said, that’s OK, we have another task to scrape paint. Now he had arthritis in his hands and the news crew left. Reminded me of Fred Sanford…that’s S-A-N…F-O-R-D period.

It is now heavily patrolled by the police and now we never see a single one, they have since moved on to greener pastures.

When I lived in South Dakota there was a guy (we called him can guy) that

collects pop cans everyday!! There could be 6" of new snow on the ground and he

would still be out there. He had a special bike with a big trash can mounted on the

back of the bike. If you looked at this guy you would think he was homeless, but

he lived in an awesome house. He just wanted something to do besides sitting at

home alone all day. Everyone on main street knows him.

I had also heard they did a story like this awhile back and found that alot of these panhandlers were all together pooling thier money, lived in very nice houses and drove very nice vehicles.