• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

National Gold Exchange

11 posts in this topic

Interesting. Wonder how this will affect ICG.

Anyone have any information on the 800-lb gorilla in the industry that supposedly lost its line of credit? Was that true?

Truth, What would you like to know? I have a few friends there (actually friends of friends) and may be able to get a few answers....Mike

What I would like to know is if the gold NGE was holding for client's personal accounts included in the bankruptcy filing as part of the company's assets? Also, when did NGE start bouncing checks? In addition, how much outstanding debt was held by coin dealers?

All this has reprecussions throughout the coin market. It will be an interesting ANA coin show.

TRUTH

I have been unable to unearth the information requested by Truth, but one of my contacts at NGE -- who was called and told not to come into work -- has since gone back to work. FWIW....Mike

Interesting... I saw a National Gold Exchange commercial on CNN yesterday during lunch. Co-workers who were sitting with me and know that I am a collector asked me about the commercial. I told them about the deception--they were showing one ounce gold coins and selling "at their price" tenth-ounce coins--I think the commercial advertised a price of $119 per coin.

After the usual "is it worth it?" questions, I gave one of them the name of a nearby dealer that I know is reputable.

Scott