• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Happy International Year of Astronomy with Coins

6 posts in this topic

For those of you who don't know, 2009 is the International Year of Astronomy. Lots of astronomy things are going on this year, but coin-wise, several mints from around the world are releasing some commemorative coins for the event. I've obtained four of them and just finished photographing 'em (below). If you're interested in learning more about any of the coins and what they show, take a look at my webpage about them.

2009_australia_PR_large.jpg

2009_austria_galileo_MSPR_large.jpg

2009_germany_kepler_PR_large.jpg

2009_italy_PR_large.jpg

Maybe you can help dispel just one ignorant myth about the universe - that will be an accomplishment!

Maybe you can help dispel just one ignorant myth about the universe - that will be an accomplishment!

Any ideas in mind? My blog on "Exposing PseudoAstronomy" has gotten A LOT of play over the last 48 hours due to the 40th anniversary of Apollo 11 landing on the moon coming up on Monday, and I'm doing a public lecture on Friday about young-Earth creationist claims about astronomy ... I already do a fair amount of EPO work.

Those are really cool! I'm not deep into astronomy but I have a telescope that I like to check out the solar system once in a while. I have a camera hook-up for it and play around with that once in a while. Nice coins!