• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I feel compelled to comment on Heritage's "platinum night" catalog....

10 posts in this topic

I can't remotely afford a single thing out of the Platinum Night catalog, which in and of itself is not relevant to anyone. However, I noticed a significant upgrade in image quality over past catalogs. In addition, the small catalog for the "Bassano Commemoratives" collection features unusually nice images as well. Just wanted to compliment Heritage in that regard. It seems like the imaging is the most consistent and consistently accurate than I've seen in previous sales.

One minor complaint about the website: I am tracking a number of lots (maybe 25) from various auctions, and it seems I cannot get the "MyTrackedLots" to sort by the order in which the lots will close. Clicking on "Time Left" does not do the trick. Anyhow, I just track lots mostly for the fun of it, not to bid, so it doesn't matter much, but it could to others who bid frequently.

...One minor complaint about the website: I am tracking a number of lots (maybe 25) from various auctions, and it seems I cannot get the "MyTrackedLots" to sort by the order in which the lots will close. Clicking on "Time Left" does not do the trick. Anyhow, I just track lots mostly for the fun of it, not to bid, so it doesn't matter much, but it could to others who bid frequently.
What about sorting based on ascending lot number order - doesn't that solve the problem?

What about sorting based on ascending lot number order - doesn't that solve the problem?

Mark, I tried that also, to no avail. Strangely, that (sort by lot number) did seem to work a few weeks ago, so I don't know if something has changed since then.

Edited to add: the lots I am tracking are from different auctions, if that makes a difference.

I have the same problem and I never found a fix to it. I'll have lots ending in 3 days sorted as ending sooner than those ending in a few hours.

Mark, I tried that also, to no avail. Strangely, that (sort by lot number) did seem to work a few weeks ago, so I don't know if something has changed since then.

Edited to add: the lots I am tracking are from different auctions, if that makes a difference.

James, I guess that does make a difference. I sorted by lot # a day or two ago without any problems, but it was for only one auction. Sorry.

In addition, the small catalog for the "Bassano Commemoratives" collection features unusually nice images as well.

I don't get the heritage catalogs anymore. I would like to have this one though. ;)

I know most of us here can't touch any of those coins, but there are a few that can and might. I saw some pretty incredible type coins in there (Bill Jones) and some pretty darn incredible Trade Dollars (Tradedollarnut) and I saw a Libertas medal (Boiler). I believe it was Sir Boiler that was thinking of those as a next quest.

How bout it guys.... or do you not want to tip your hands just yet?

How bout you Vic? I could see you step up and jump on something in there.