• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Got me a new camera!! Opinion on my pictures!!

21 posts in this topic

Well after reading many camera reviews and looking at cameras.

I decided to buy the Canon Powershot SX110IS ($229 at wal-mart).

What do you think of my new pictures. I am still playing with the lighting.

008copy.jpg

009copy.jpg

010copy.jpg

011copy.jpg

Looking really good Ant. Work on the lighting and you got something going there!

Schatzy is the photo man on this one sam :)

Work on the lighting and you got something going there!

I am trying, I shoot over 200 pictures yesterday and I am still playing with the light.

I still can't take pictures of proofs but I am going to keep working on it.

Is that a die crack on the morgan's cheek? Looks better than what I can do...A+

There is a very minor die crack but I cant get my picture to show it any better.

Good looking pics Jaime. As stated, work on getting your light centered on the coin. That should help get rid of the glare you're getting. Nice pics though!!

Work on the lighting and you got something going there!

I am trying, I shoot over 200 pictures yesterday and I am still playing with the light.

I still can't take pictures of proofs but I am going to keep working on it.

Looking pretty good Jaime. I really like the nickel where you spilled the coffee on the reverse.

As the others have said, once the lighting is figured out, you're on your way. Are you using one or two lights?

Aren't you glad we are in the digital age? Film processing for 200 pictures would run into a couple of bucks. :)

As others have said....great images...need more light but just play with it a little and you will have some amazing photo's that really capture the look of your coins in hand :applause:

Bob,

I am using a cheap camera stand and a single halogen light, I may buy more light but I was just using what I have.

I really like the nickel where you spilled the coffee on the reverse. hm I don't think so!! It toned weird because of the lamination error.

001.jpg

single lights just dont seem to cut it. if you have another lamp sitting arround i would try one @ 10 and and one @ 2. i use 3 lights myself :)

single lights just dont seem to cut it. if you have another lamp sitting arround i would try one @ 10 and and one @ 2. i use 3 lights myself :)

All I have right know is my grading light but I will buy another one.

So, sorry. I'm not going to feed the beast and compliment you, Jaime. lol

Decent pics, though. (thumbs u

me too...3 light with GE Reveal bulbs.