• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone sign up for eBay bucks?

22 posts in this topic

So I have seen the icon for a few weeks and decided to sign up.

General

What is eBay Bucks?

eBay Bucks is a rewards program for eBay members. If you join, you'll automatically earn rewards in the form of eBay Bucks based on your qualifying purchases. Every calendar quarter, the eBay Bucks you earned over that 3 month period will be issued to you in the form of an eBay Bucks certificate. You can use this certificate to buy more things on eBay!

Does this program cost anything?

Participation in eBay Bucks is FREE! There is no cost to enroll in the program.

I signed up and have earned $17 and change. I sure wish they had it last year. I would have earned big bucks then.

i never signed up because i thought it was fake. I kept getting a email about it but nothing in my messages

I seen my at the top of My eBay page!!

No. Never seen the icon. I guess I am considered a seller by eBay and therefore scum who doesn't deserve this reward.

It not for Sellers, it is for buyers. It like the whole MSN cashback thing.

I signed up and have earned $17 and change. I sure wish they had it last year. I would have earned big bucks then.

They did have this last year and I earned around $170 while using the 20-25% cashback. Unfortunately, I don't have the icon now and can't join again. It's just as well since I'm buying a lot less this year than I did last year.

No. Never seen the icon. I guess I am considered a seller by eBay and therefore scum who doesn't deserve this reward.

It not for Sellers, it is for buyers. It like the whole MSN cashback thing.

I buy a lot also, but never see these offers with my main account. I used to occasionally see offers with my other accounts, but I guess eBay finally matched up the registered names and stopped those offers.

this makes me laugh!

they are giving you ebay dollars /or in some case ebay cents :P . it is money you have to use there. not much of a reward for spending if you ask me.

this is funny cause the bars here used to give prizes and such in the form of bar tab. which forces those patrens to give the money right back to the bar that rewarded them.

i offered 3 bars to be the prize support and was taken up on it. we now give cash money to the winners. we have open mic,dance offs and other fun things to get people having fun. the bars now have better business, and everyone is happy. also 90% of the winners do use the money to buy more drinks and continue having fun. but it is there choice!

eauctionemporium.com will send random money orders to folks for being buyers and sellers doing good business with folks. if they spend it somewhere else so be it. they deserve it!

this makes me laugh!

they are giving you ebay dollars /or in some case ebay cents . it is money you have to use there. not much of a reward for spending if you ask me.

This part is true however, I will simply use the money (ebay dollars) to purchase coins that I will either sell or to add to my silver bullion store. Either way, I will get these free or at a severely marked down level when compared to the open market and both will be liquid to generate money for me at any time I decide to sell.

this makes me laugh!

they are giving you ebay dollars /or in some case ebay cents . it is money you have to use there. not much of a reward for spending if you ask me.

This part is true however, I will simply use the money (ebay dollars) to purchase coins that I will either sell or to add to my silver bullion store. Either way, I will get these free or at a severely marked down level when compared to the open market and both will be liquid to generate money for me at any time I decide to sell.

great point!

but i see prices climb when things like this happen. the last time was when the microsoft thing was going. people would just raise the prices of the coins.

I just use my whopping $7.30 yesterday.

Well it look like it is a pretty good deal.

I just got a 20% discount on my eBay fees and I just about flipped.

I've never even heard of this! I guess I must be the bottom of the barrel to eBay, though I keep getting e-mails urging me to become a powerseller. One more factor convincing me that I am right to do more and more coin transactions face to face at shows.

I do very little on ebay, either buying or selling, so I do not know how they chose the people involved.

I posted I got an invite earlier in the thread - funny thing is my wife has an account and did not. So I have no clue how they're determining who receives the option.

So I rubbed it in... :)