• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1964 Kennedy Half

31 posts in this topic

I've noticed that this issue tends to tone up nicely. :) Just snagged this one for my Type Set. Post one if ya got one! (thumbs u

Sellers Images:

64kennedysellerobv1A.jpg

64kennedysellerobv1.jpg

64kennedysellerrev1.jpg

1964KennedySlabObv.jpg

I saw the thread title, and wasn't even going to click on it. Then I saw that you started it, so I figured it was worth a shot. And now, hm

I'm not a big fan, but it does have a certain charm about it. I need one of these for my half dollar type set, but I'm not really actively working on it so I'll get one eventually.

I have one in my 7070 that has a peacock toning spot on it... the feather type. I'll have to get a picture and show it off... maybe tonight when I get home.

Jaime, I've never seen a PL Kennedy before. Are you sure its not actually a proof?

Well, I guess it could be a proof. I bought it already graded on eBay.

1984.jpg

I try to buy modern coins in Cameo Proof. This is the my 1964 JFK half dollar one. I didn't want to pay $1,600 + for a "monster" cameo. This is the $100 economy model.

1964JFKHalfDolO-1.jpg1964JFKHalfDolR-1.jpg

WOW!!!!!!! Some amazing examples!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cloud9:

The coin arrived today and here are my images:

1964KennedyObvA.jpg

1964KennedyObv.jpg

1964KennedyRev.jpg

DSC_0002-4.jpg

DSC_0003-2.jpg

Finally got around to taking a picture of the 64 that resides in my 7070. To boot, this coin is a nice moderate cameo. I call this one my peacock feather coin.

How you like?

64peacock.jpg

Coindude your Kennedy Half has alot of potential! I think the spotting is a little distracting. I'd try an Acetone soak to remove them now before it may be too late. I had a similar Kennedy with that color on the side. There was a small nick in the coin that caused the color in my opinion. Is yours similar? You may want to use MS70, rinse very well, then Acetone. Coin surfaces should be very stable after that. :)

Coindude your Kennedy Half has alot of potential! I think the spotting is a little distracting. I'd try an Acetone soak to remove them now before it may be too late. I had a similar Kennedy with that color on the side. There was a small nick in the coin that caused the color in my opinion. Is yours similar? You may want to use MS70, rinse very well, then Acetone. Coin surfaces should be very stable after that. :)
I like the peacock just the way it is, and it will continue to reside in my 7070 for quite some time to come.