• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Best Metal Detecting Find Today...1941 Merc

7 posts in this topic

Nothing great but sure had a nice outing at Alum Rock. Picture is courtesy of my step-son, who used his Sony Camcorder® to capture this nice close-up.

fa10dc3e.jpg

You and I differ as much as I think is possible on the political front TJ, but I really think that metal detecting is cool! And I really appreciate when you come in every so often and share what you find. It's nice for those of us who treasure hunt vicariously through you. I anxiously await the first report of a gold coin find (though it might be you wife that finds it given your track record! 893whatthe.gifblush.gifflowerred.gifpopcorn.gif

You and I differ as much as I think is possible on the political front TJ, but I really think that metal detecting is cool! And I really appreciate when you come in every so often and share what you find. It's nice for those of us who treasure hunt vicariously through you. I anxiously await the first report of a gold coin find (though it might be you wife that finds it given your track record! 893whatthe.gifblush.gifflowerred.gifpopcorn.gif

Jtryka, most of my friends (and my 2 brothers) are conservative , and my oldest brother is a devout Christian (I know because his blessing at Christmas went on forever and was beautiful). Just goes to show that politics is not an impediment to friendship. I don't ever expect to find a gold coin but I do anticipate one day finding an SLQ with a readable date OR a Barber Quarter, maybe even a seated dime. Thanks for your nice words, I will continue to show our good finds here as they occur.

-TJ

I don't ever expect to find a gold coin

Don't sell yourself short! I know the odds are very slim, but it's happened. There was a metal detecting group in Hillsboro Ore. when I lived down in Portland that requested to search the downtown street when it was torn up for refacing. They filmed the adventure and I watched it on public access, especially exciting were the finds. Many spurs, steps from stage coaches, nails, horseshoes, and among the several coins was found a $5 gold piece minted in Carson City no less! I can't remember the date, but is was about a $1,000 coin as I recall. So it may take many years, but there is certainly gold out there waiting to be found!