• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Congratulations to RWB!!

17 posts in this topic

Quoted from another thread.

According to Mr. David Lang:

Congratulations are due to Roger (RWB)---the membership of the Numismatic Bilbliomania Society just voted his trilogy titled Renaissance of American Coinage #28 in a list of the 100 greatest works of numismatic literature

Well done, Sir Roger!!

party-smiley-038.gif

http://www.coinbooks.org/club_nbs_esylum_v12n25.html#article6

This was the best link I could find - apparently you need to find the print edition to get the whole story.

Major Congratulations, Roger!

Was anyone else we know on the list, like Mr. Lange?

Thanks! I was not aware of this until David Lange's post. Very humbling. Now I am concerned about one thing, however. If all the other 27 authors are like the first two – i.e.; dead – I might want to reconsider the honor… :)

Re: I'm surprised that it's not higher than #28.

Must be all those footnotes - - -

N.B.

I researched and wrote the books in the hope that the knowledge gained by numismatists would be appreciated and useful to collectors and professionals for many years to come. It’s also something that my daughters can look at and help them understand that each of us is more than the day-to-day person who goes to work, soccer games, school plays and gymnastics practice. Others will chose different paths and, we hope, be remembered for what they leave behind.

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

In Leonard Augsburger's commentary on this entry he stated: "Meticulously researched from archival records and thoroughly documented, Burdette's legacy may actually exceed the work itself if even a few new writers aspire to his methodology."

And no, I didn't make the list. :(

In Leonard Augsburger's commentary on this entry he stated: "Meticulously researched from archival records and thoroughly documented, Burdette's legacy may actually exceed the work itself if even a few new writers aspire to his methodology."

If you have not read the Renaissance of American Coinage, it is well worth the price to purchase copies of these books (three parts). Roger reveals a phenomenal amount of information and even debunks many myths--as in there was no evidence of "outrage" over the bare breast on the Standing Liberty Quarter.

In this case, I would say buy the books instead of the coin. The books are excellent!!

And no, I didn't make the list. :(

That's too bad... I finally purchased a copy of your book about coin boards when I was in Baltimore. I like it a lot. It is very interesting and even a fun read. I like the way you write!!

Scott :hi:

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

That's too bad... I finally purchased a copy of your book about coin boards when I was in Baltimore. I like it a lot. It is very interesting and even a fun read. I like the way you write!!

Thanks, Scott. That book was truly a labor of love, and I published it under my own imprint, Pennyboard Press. I'm currently cataloging folders and albums for a follow-up book.

By the way, I can send you a pdf list of updates to the book, if you want to PM me.

I find myself using David Lange's coinboard book as an excellent window on the depression era and the second growth period in coin collecting. It not only has great information found nowhere else, but it has a personality and style apart from most other numismatic books.

Wow. Kudos RWB! Thanks for all your great efforts to further numismatics, in your books and on the nets!

Well deserved.