• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you absolutely, positively HAD to....

9 posts in this topic

Just as a topic for discussion, if you had to sell your entire collection, and you realized your estimated value for it, and you had to immediately (within 24 hours) re-locate the entire amount:

1) Where would you put that money

2) Why there

3) And assuming you could never spend another penny on collecting, what would you do with your monthly/yearly "allowance" after this scenerio?

I'm not looking for gut responses, but thought provoking ones. Some of you probably have quite a large amount of money invested in your collections and spend a decent amount yearly toward adding to and/or up-grading it. So---

893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Open to comic and card collectors too!!!

Just as a topic for discussion, if you had to sell your entire collection, and you realized your estimated value for it, and you had to immediately (within 24 hours) re-locate the entire amount:

2) Why there

3) And assuming you could never spend another penny on collecting, what would you do with your monthly/yearly "allowance" after this scenerio?

1) I'd put it toward any/all debts... car, house, credit.

2) Because I hate debt.

3) I'd put any discretionary money toward travel and adventure with my children and maybe my wife. I might also buy and restore old houses, then sell them.

BTW, this year I'll be slowing down on all collecting in order to do some of the above.

Hoot

1. I would pay a large chunk on our house

2. I too HATE debt/paying interest

3. I'd save up for an old muscle car such as a long bodied GTO or a Hurst Olds

2) Why there

1. Some would go toward long-term debt retirement and some would go to other interests my wife and I have. For me, its elegant antique glassware; for my wife, its retired Lladro figurines.

2. We still like to collect and to surround ourselves with objects d'art.

3. I'm assuming that you mean no more could be spent on collecting coins...as there are still other things worth collecting as mentioned above.

OK. You gotta let me keep collecting quarters from circulation at face value or I'm not playing.

I would divide the money equally between low quality corporate bonds, cash, gold, silver, copper mining stocks, high growth stock funds, and gold mining stocks.

Might also buy a European low growth stock fund or some european stocks.

Ok, clad, I agree with the change keeping.

355249-change%20001.jpg

AND

355250-change%20002.jpg

AND

355269-file.jpg

Can't imagine why someone would do this, but thought it was interesting so kept it. Reverse is normal.

Found all at work.