• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I need some advice...

5 posts in this topic

I recently did some work for a collector, and he offered to pay me with coins. Job was about $3000.00 and he offered me (5) GSA 85-CC's. I kind of hedged on it and he upped the offer by including an original mint roll of Sac dollars. I took him up on it and submitted the GSA's to NGC. I don't know what to do with the mint roll. It's a "tail/tail" but he swore it's a 2000-P roll. I don't really deal with these and have little knowledge but it's driving me crazy to not know for sure! Should I bust the roll open, or is there a way I can determine the issue by the roll? Is the original roll worth more? I have no idea what to do with them when I find out. Any advice? To me it only has a value of $25.00 but does anyone have any advice what to do with them (short of saying "give them to me")? Do you get nice grade coins out of these? The end coins are chewed and the roll looks a little beat, so I guessing his dating/mint is correct. He had hundreds of rolls of SBA's, Sac's, and all the state quarters, and I mean of each issue/year. Hold 'em, bust it open, what to do? Buy the way, the GSA's came back MS-63,64,64,64,65, so not too bad for me!

Others are far more knowledgeable than I am in this niche, but this roll of Sac dollars would be worth face value to me regardless of the type of roll.

Spend them! I think that even sealed they sell for maybe $30 for 2000-P, so just annoy several restaurants and use them for your lunch the rest of the week. Besides, they were nothing compared to those 5 85-CC GSA Morgans!

I'd crack the roll. I sold a 2000 roll of Sacs for $30 before. They're not worth much, unlike the 2002 rolls.

The 2000-P rolls are very very common!! You maybe would be able to find high grade coin in a roll but most of them are pulled from US Mint sets. The reason the ends are chewed up is because of the wrapping machine, this is also very common on machine wrapped rolls.

Nice pickup on the morgans!!