• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1805 Draped Bust Dime Arrived

15 posts in this topic

today. :) This example is the newest addition to my Type Set and is the

4 berries/JR-2 variety.

Although U.S. federal coinage began in 1793, it wasn't until 1796 that the Dime denomination was introduced. U.S. Mint engraver Robert Scot was responsible for the Draped Bust Dime designs of 1796 to 1807. The Plain Eagle reverse type was replaced with an Eagle with a Shield in 1798. The obverse depiction of Liberty was based on a Gilbert Stuart portrait drawing of Liberty, a design introduced on the 1795 Silver Dollar. No Dimes were struck in 1806 or 1808. In 1809 the design of the dime was changed.

Sellers Image

1805dimeobv.jpg

My Images Halogen

1805BustDimeHalObvA.jpg

1805BustDimeHalObv.jpg

1805BustDimehalRev.jpg

My Images OTT

1805BustDimeOttObvA.jpg

1805BustDimeOttObv.jpg

1805BustDimeOttRev.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

Lee, between yours and Winston's posts of these early dimes, things are getting spicy around here! I love your coin! The toning is spot on and the circulated cameo is fetching! Very impressive acquisition! It might have had an old cleaning but that pales in comparison with its eye-appeal (thumbs u (thumbs u

Lee, between yours and Winston's posts of these early dimes, things are getting spicy around here! I love your coin! The toning is spot on and the circulated cameo is fetching! Very impressive acquisition! It might have had an old cleaning but that pales in comparison with its eye-appeal (thumbs u (thumbs u

Agree on all counts. Nice coin (thumbs u

Thanks everyone! (thumbs u My goal is to have a Type Set half as nice as you guy's do. Please sell me back all the beauties I've sold you over the years. ;)

Agree on all counts. Nice coin (thumbs u

(thumbs u ^^

Please sell me back all the beauties I've sold you over the years. ;)

Those are fighting words, mister! :slapfight:

Please sell me back all the beauties I've sold you over the years. ;)

Those are fighting words, mister! :slapfight:

:applause: