• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My new government auction purchase!!

10 posts in this topic

Well I was reading the paper this morning and seen that they were having a government auction at 1:00 pm. My boss was looking for some shelving and I told him that the auction had some listed in the paper. He told me to go the auction and call him when they were being sold. I got there at 1:00 and went and got my bidder number. I started looking around and didn't really see much. They had a lot of school desk, lockers, and other normal stuff you would find in a school. I saw a table in the distance that had microscopes. There must have been at least 40 of them. I took a quarter out of my pocket to see how good it worked. It took me a few minutes to figure it out but it worked very nice. Well about 30 minutes later we got to the bidding. I bid the microscope up to $80 and two other guys got in a little bidding war after I gave up. The guy won the bid at $180 and he ended up taking about 25 of them. The auctioneer put it up for bid again and again I bid it up to $80 and the other guy bid $100 and won and took all but 2 of them. The auctioneer again put it up for bid and started at $80, I didn’t do anything because I was hoping he was going to go lower and this lady waved here bidder number. She only took 1 leaving 1 more. The two guys that won the others were walking away and the auctioneer said I have 1 left who wants it for $80, I said I will take if for $40 and I won the last one. It just shows waiting sometimes pays off. The only reason I didn’t bid higher than $80 is because I didn’t think I was going to buy anything and the terms of the auction were cash only. I only had $80 in my wallet. I will make sure I have more cash next time I go to auction!! When I got back to work at 3:30 I told my boss he has to send me to auction more often.

Well here is a picture of it, it a Leica StereoZoom 4. It has 10X eyepieces so you can go from 7X to 30X. I have been looking at coins all night in 7X and absolutely love it!!

Microscope.jpg

very nice for the price! What about the shelves?

Yeah I got $560 worth of shelving? If we would have bought it new it would have been over $5000.

AWESOME purchase! I'm jealous, having wanted a stereo scope for some time.

Yeah I wish I would know they were going to be there. I would have loved to buy more!!