• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just Placed Proof Set Order ... Mint Website Was Snappy!!

18 posts in this topic

I'm honestly amazed. Perhaps it's due to proof sets having mintages at over a million these days with no real concern of a limited edition sell-out, but I expected the site to show some sort of delay as it pretty much always does these last few years when a highly anticipated item goes on sale for the first few hours.

But, I had no delay and got my order in within the first minute of it being available. Go me! I also note that there's no notice on the proof set's page that there will be a delay in product availability, but that's probably infamous last words.

Those who have purchased Proof sets directly from the mint have consistently lost money on them for the past several years. Therefore there is no rush to buy them.

I have a subscription of them.. so didn't need to order, but wanted to verify my subscription and impossible by phone or net to get thru on my end. 3Hrs later of the release I might add.

Just tried to put an order in for a couple of sets and this popped up:

"The United States Mint is performing routine system maintenance. The system maintenance is scheduled from 12:00am until 8:00am Eastern Time. During this time period you will not be able to access the Catalog. We apologize for any inconvenience."

I understand the system need, but doing it on a day when you have a new release product and not doing it overnight is shortsighted and an inconvenience.

Sure it can wait or I could call, but still, not too coordinated.

I love it. I just saw the Mint's website down. Too bad 12AM-8AM in any US time zone is not right now. Pure and utter incompetence.

I love it. I just saw the Mint's website down. Too bad 12AM-8AM in any US time zone is not right now. Pure and utter incompetence.

It is 8 p.m. here in Florida.I just ordered mine about 15 minutes ago.I was trying to order earlier and couldn't get through. The reason this proof may have initial huge interest is because of the four 95%Proof Copper Lincolns included. Still,I ordered three sets and at a new price of $29.95 each I hope there is some initial frenzy like there was for the 1st rolls of Lincoln cents from the mint. I also thought there was going to be a special Lincol set with the Silver Dollars and the copper cents. Might have been just a rumor.

they are supposed to make the lincoln chronicles set later this year.that is the lincoln proof dollar coin and the four proof lincoln copper pennies.no date has been set for the release of the coins yet.

I also have a Sub for these. I only get 2 sets, one for my danscos and one to store.

Did you see on your account if they were billed? Get any email confirmation?

I didn't... can't get on the site to see either.

I also have a Sub for these. I only get 2 sets, one for my danscos and one to store.

Not yet. So far what they sent me was a thank you for setting up a new account.Before I ordered I did see that they were listed as "In Stock" otherwise I wouldn't have.

I think they also have major problems with thier tarck order page. I can view one purchase but all the others keep coming up as a page error (us mint, not IE). This has been going on since the new page was added. Pitiful site anymore!

Happy Birthday Didz. Hope you have a great day. (thumbs u

Happy Birthday Didz. Hope you have a great day. (thumbs u

Ditto! (thumbs u

I think they also have major problems with thier tarck order page. I can view one purchase but all the others keep coming up as a page error (us mint, not IE). This has been going on since the new page was added. Pitiful site anymore!

I'm getting the same thing! At least I don't feel like the lone ranger.

Thanks guys for the birthday comments! :cool: