• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009 Proof Set Bigger and Costlier

34 posts in this topic

2009 Proof Set Bigger and Costlier

ArtLargImg6734.jpg

[font:Comic Sans MS]

The set is getting larger and the cost higher for the 2009 United States Mint Proof Set® as compared to the 2008 set.

The 18-coin 2009 proof set, which went on sale June 1, is priced at $29.95.

Last year's 14-coin set cost $26.95.

Added this year is an extra quarter and three additional Lincoln cents.

The full set includes four Presidential dollars, the Native American dollar, a half dollar, six District of Columbia and U.S. Territories quarters, one dime, one nickel and four Lincoln cents.

All coins in the set have the "S" mintmark for San Francisco.

The Mint says the coins are sealed in four protective lenses to preserve the mirror-like fields and frosted design devices that are achieved by their striking with highly polished dies.

To order visit the Mint's Web site at www.usmint.gov , or telephone (800) USA-MINT. [/font]

So it's $3 more for an extra protective lens and .28 Also the proof cents , I'm pretty sure, are the only copper cents that will be made. I can handle the extra cost for that.

I bet the set sells a lot purely for the copper cents. I know that my only reason to buy more than one set.

The coin sets keep gittin bigger

By 2025 the coin set will have 128 coins if the trend continues

I'm not complaining but......dang I'll need a bigger safe!

Stop Coin Population Explosion

Next year the 1st Nephew Presidential coin?

Next year the 1st Nephew Presidential coin?

:signfunny:

After that will be the 1st Mistress Presidential coin set featuring Marilyn Monroe and Monica Lewinski. :grin:

box.png

Don’t forget the "Bernie" Madoff commemorative collection. Various denominations will be stamped out on worthless electrical box knockout plugs.

Also the proof cents , I'm pretty sure, are the only copper cents that will be made.

in the proof sets, the silver proof sets, and the special lincoln set, and then there will be the Satin finish uncirculated ones in the Mint sets. This is assuming they don't decide to create any other special sets.

Great! Now that the mint sets won't have the zincies, I'll have to buy them for my dansco! At least I won't have a shortage of the copper ones!

Well at least I'll be able to see what these sets look like. My 2 sets shipped out today.

Wow.. that was quick. I still can't read my subscription orders.. same ole error.

Yeah the new shipping system is working nicely now the backlog has been removed. As predicted !! it was obviously only going to be a matter of time :) good to see..

Only the UHR really takes time to ship it seems now ? totally to be expected with all the effort that goes into them.

Well at least I'll be able to see what these sets look like. My 2 sets shipped out today.

Wow.. that was quick. I still can't read my subscription orders.. same ole error.

I still couldn't see my status either. I got an email from the mint saying they were shipped.

I called... all I get on the phone is my order is processing. I subscribed to them for pete's sake.. I should have them. I even did expedited shipping.... ERRRRRR!

My 3 sets have shipped too

I hope I can get a set of PF70 cents out of them :D will buy em slabbed if I have to.. wonder how much hype-bay is gonna be selling em for

I got my 10 sets yesterday. They even shipped next day air (I didn't pay for it!!)

I did pay for it and still no sets..... ERRRRRRRRR again.

Very odd. Is your account all normal as in not on hold or any other problem ? mine actually went on hold when I owed money (card problem when they shipped first and THEN billed)

My account/order looks normal. Perhaps it's because I also ordered a P and D Guam quarter (100-count) bag and another box of the Sacs.

My order is a subscription that showed processed on may 28th... before the launch. Called today and my order is in process.... blah blah.. again!

Weird. Well my 3 sets came today.. can see problems with some coins without magnification. I won't be slabbing up any of these.

Someone who bought lots and does end up with multiple 70 sets can sell me one if the price is right.

You should get better coins on subscription Didz, so good for you

Why should he get better coins just because he has a subscription? If you think it's because they get the early strikes that isn't usually true. They will often get theirs after the first batch of orderers online get theirs. A subscription doesn't guarantee that you will get one of the first ones, just that you will get them.

You should get better coins on subscription Didz, so good for you

Why should he get better coins just because he has a subscription? If you think it's because they get the early strikes that isn't usually true. They will often get theirs after the first batch of orderers online get theirs. A subscription doesn't guarantee that you will get one of the first ones, just that you will get them.

I'd have to agree.. If I was supposed to get any of the first struck coins I would think I would have mine already... Who knows.. I never know from one minute to the next what the mint is going to do. :insane: