• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1906 Indian cent

7 posts in this topic

Can anyone say what are the markings on this?Some kind of toning?Pencil?And maybe a grade? I see a couple of very small verdi gris spots on the Obverse in the U and N.

Thanks again,Pete

06IHCRB1.jpg

06IHCRB2.jpg

It looks to me like something may have gotten spilled on this coin that eventually tarnished it. Some of the other dis-coloration just looks like normal brown toning. I'm not good with grading of these but I would guess AU55 or so.

I'd grade the coin MS-61, brown. It's got some green stuff inside the "U' and "N" of "UNITED" that might be lifted with a toothpick. The toning makes it low on the eye appeal scale, but the coin does have Mint State sharpness.

hog's right on with the spill thing. I would say about MS-62 detail wise. Maybe RB if they call it natural.

I wouldn't even try to submit this. I think it's natural,but the grade isn't high enough to justify the expense.