• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shipping to Germany?

10 posts in this topic

I received a question on an ebay auction of whether I ship to Germany or not. I have shipping to “United States” as the only location that I ship to but I’m not completely opposed to shipping to other countries if it isn’t terribly difficult. Does anyone have experience on shipping to Germany? Is it relatively straight forward?

Thanks for any insight! Winston

Hi Winston,

as a buyer from Germany I'd like to tell you that there is no problem w/ shipping to our country.

Our postal service (DHL) is quite reliable.

I also got some itmes via UPS, and these are - especially graded books - extremly expensive.

So, when you use USPS - which would be about $13-15 for a handful, maybe even a dozen comic books - your chance of selling to our country increase.

Some dealers charge more than $20 for a single comic book (non-graded), and this is why I do not buy there.

The smaller the packets are, the bigger chance there is for the package to pass customs w/out having to pay for them. Declaring them as a gift is totally useless.

Rainer

I've shipped to other countries and as long as the declared value is less than $200 then there should be no problem for the receiver. The main problem that I run into with shipping overseas is that you cannot ship from home. You have to go to the Post Office because of the customs forms. Other than that, it's no worries, but you have more time invested in the item at that point, but if you get the price you need then it's all good.

Make sure the buyer and you agree on the shipping cost before you agree to ship. It is probably going to be much higher than your normal stated shipping fees.

I ship a lot to Germany and never had any real problems.

Things to consider are not putting an invoice with prices in the package and making the customs form as "innocent" as possible or if it is a small/light weight package, not using a customs form.

I ship hundreds of packages to foreign countries every year and rarely use a customs form anymore. I've had one single package sent back to me and that was from Canada and it was my fault as the box size clearly required a customs form.

Also, the term "Numismatic Items" works really well and is ambiguous enough.

I like "numismatic item returned to owner after imaging" ;)

Also, the term "Numismatic Items" works really well and is ambiguous enough.

I like "numismatic item returned to owner after imaging" ;)

I had problems with shipping you your coins back. With that said, I just kept the real ones and sent you fakes back. ;) No really it is easy to ship overseas.