• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you think NCS could remove the tape but keep the toning on this 1892-O?

4 posts in this topic

For tape residue, my first recommendation would be don't buy it. If you already own it, treat it with acetone. If the toning is really toning and not more gunk, it will stay. Usually acetone will remove any tape residue with minimal effort.

For tape residue, my first recommendation would be don't buy it. If you already own it, treat it with acetone. If the toning is really toning and not more gunk, it will stay. Usually acetone will remove any tape residue with minimal effort.

Agreed. I was able to do this to a Morgan and Peace that I had. It removed all the tape residue and did no harm to the toning or coin.

I agree as well. Simple acetone treatment will do as good a job as NCS can do at much less cost. The toning should remain behind unless, as others pointed out, it is actually residue (in which case, you want it gone).