• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lincolns waiting online

58 posts in this topic

Just read they've already sold over 200K of the P&D penny sets - I guess they're going to go beyond the 96K the Mint did with the first release.

Might dirve the prices down a bit or at least keep them from hitting $100 a set on Ebay.

http://www.coinnews.net/

Thanks for the info. I'll probably end up canceling my order since I don't think that they're even worth the premium the mint charges. As with everything, it is all about the hype. When it dies so dies the market.

just checked status of the lincoln formative years i ordered,it says"in stock and reserved". i wonder if that's what it will say for two months,or will they get them shipped before 7/15?

That's interesting, did you have a low number? Here's my number, how does yours compare? I can't check my status since I didn't order online, I ordered by phone.

Order number 31677***

Mine say In stock and reserved also. I'm also getting a verification thru my bank acct from the mint also for the amount of purchase. that's usually a good sign they may ship soon.

It is still showing backorder until 07/15 for rolls that are ordered currently. How much longer until it is sold out? The 3rd one is scheduled to come out in the summer. Not a lot of time left in the summer after 7/15

That's interesting, did you have a low number? Here's my number, how does yours compare? I can't check my status since I didn't order online, I ordered by phone.

Order number 31677***

I'm right after you by a few digits and just checked my order(s) - both of mine say 'in stock and reserved' and the cancel button is gone.

Still, the higher number of rolls has me concerned w/ no line in the sand with a max # they're going to make...

I just checked my account with the mint and my five boxes shipped this morning. I never received my LP1 order (filed the claim and got credit back) so I paid for expedited shipping this time - looks like it is a UPS tracking number. I don't know if this form of shipping makes a difference but if it does it will be worth it - if I actually receive the order.

I just checked my account with the mint and my five boxes shipped this morning. I never received my LP1 order (filed the claim and got credit back) so I paid for expedited shipping this time - looks like it is a UPS tracking number. I don't know if this form of shipping makes a difference but if it does it will be worth it - if I actually receive the order.

That's great to hear! The Rail Splitters are rolling out :banana:

According to a news report posted ATS, the Mint sold 200,000 sets in the first four days. If that is true it already has a production twice that of the Log Cabins, and it is still on sale.

I probably jinxed us all. I have never bought coins to re-sell for profit. I thought that I'd jump in on this band-wagon of lincolns and ordered 5 sets to turn 4 of them. Now they have a higher mintage and ain't shipping for a couple months. doh!

I think this may make the Professional Year edition "less" interesting for flipping and may lower the mintage for the third in the series. So, 1st and 3rd editions and perhap the last in the series will prove to be the most interesting. It appears that the 2nd edition got caught in the fenzied selling and price spike of the 1st issue that the mint stopped short in production only to make it up in the 2nd issue. That make the 3rd issue the coin on deck. Lets see what happens.

Well mine show shipped today.

That's excellent Bobby. I must have been just a hair later and now I'm in that ship 7-15 group. :shrug:

Mine shipped yesterday, normal shipping. I'll post a couple extras in ebay this weekend. Wonder if two sets will pay for my others? I've seen them selling for about 35 on the bay. I'd be ok with 25. :)

I've seen them selling for about 35 on the bay. I'd be ok with 25. :)

That's not too bad based on the Mint production numbers - what ever gain I end up with on my 10 sets is just being rolled back in to my collection.

Mine were shipped today per the site.

MemorialDay.jpg

Have a safe Memorial Day weekend!

Mint Stats: Numbers Soar for Second Lincoln Roll Set

By David C. Harper, Numismatic News

May 20, 2009

It is a good thing that sales numbers for the second 2009 Lincoln cent roll set are available this week, because otherwise things are kind of summertime sleepy - and the calendar says it is not even summer yet.

In the first three days of sales, more than twice as many Lincoln roll sets have been sold. The precise count is 200,055. It took almost two weeks for the first roll set to hit the 96,000 maximum.

How many roll sets will be ordered? Judging from the number of e-mails I have received, the numbers should jump a good bit further, depending on how many the Mint will be able to supply.

The Mint Web site already has the notation that shipping of the Lincoln rolls commences July 15.

January's hot item, the Ultra High Relief $20 gold piece, hardly moved up in sales numbers this week, with the total creeping forwarded by much less than 1,000 coins.

The six-coin D.C. and Territories proof set rose by 8,016 and the silver version jumped by 11,006. The silver set is not more popular; it has simply been available for less time.

Braille sales numbers have also done nothing particularly noteworthy, but then the summerlike pace is apparent.

Bullion Eagle numbers didn't change at all, but I don't think bullion investors have gone on vacation, so let's meet here again next week to see what happens.

Got an email saying mine shipped today as well. I checked to site to see if the current back order date has changed. It was 7/15 a few days ago. I guess they have been working some overtime because now it is 6/19

I got my 5 rolled sets today but I paid $17 for expedited shipping. It still took 5 days to get them!

I sold 4 sets on ebay at $15 a set. But considering the unexpected high cost for shipping priority, I just broke even.

The P&D set that I kept does not look promising based upon the coins in the end. The P set has atrocious, concentric circles etched into them, maybe from a counting machine? The D mint coins are banged up pretty good. I'll break them open later and see what the rest look like.

Not impressed at all with the whole experience.