• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lincolns waiting online

58 posts in this topic

I spent over an hour on the Mint site trying to get the order processed.

Then I realized that I was not "signed in" (i have an account) So I signed in and wha-La I got my order processed almost immediately!

Maybe just coincidence? I don't know. But that's what happen today.

I am please to have my order in.

Thanks for the reminder. I went ahead and ordered 5 rolls to flip and had zero problems or wait online.

I chose the expedited shipping to get them quicker hoping to get an edge on the competition. It has gone up, it seems at $17.95.

I logged on at 1:30 and it took about 30 minutes to run through the process w/ a account. Just received my e-mail and it says 6/13 ship date - of course not set in stone...

I called at 10:58 Texas time, went straight in. Was on hold for about a minute and a lady answered. When I told her what I wanted she said I was the first one to order those from her that day.

Order number 31677***

5 sets of course.

I spent over an hour on the Mint site trying to get the order processed.

Then I realized that I was not "signed in" (i have an account) So I signed in and wha-La I got my order processed almost immediately!

Maybe just coincidence? I don't know. But that's what happen today.

I am please to have my order in.

I had 2 browser windows open. On one I was signed in and the other I was not. Took over 30 min because it signed me out after 30 min. I signed back in and waited another 10 min before I was able to move to the next screen. About and hour here also.

I am not much for flipping, but this time I bought additional sets so that I could sell a couple on a price spike should it occur.

What I really want to do is open a roll a scour for any coins that may be worthy of certifying. :think:

Gee... I went to the Mint's kiosk at Union Station in Washington, DC with a friend and picked up 12 shotgun rolls of the new Lincoln Cents for face value. After, we went to a restaurant in the station before resuming my day. I had no problems! :devil:

Scott :hi:

I was driving through Utah at the time, but I had my mom order for me under my account. I forgot to tell her about the wait times, though, and she said it took 45 minutes. Order #31684*** and I got the order receipt at 12:45PM EDT. I only ordered 2 of the last one, but like all of you, I had my mom order 5 of this one for me for flipping potential.

I got 2 in for sure. Tried the other 3. Wasn't able to get any of the first ones. I know they're backordered already, and soon these are hopefully gonna go through the same schbeal the other went through.

So, is there data available on how many rolls have been sold? Are sales limited to 100K like before? Thx.

Got in after about half hour. Hmm how did I beat any of you in the states ? I'm in Australia ! the person with the biggest fattest internet connection, closest in hops to the mints server, should win :P but how could someone halfway across the world beat any of you to the order page ? cheap ISP ?

Not sold out yet either.. did they up the mintage I wonder

I know the back-order date on new orders has changed again to 07/29. Mine still show 5/29. I hope they sell out soon.

Order number 31677***

5 sets of course.

Mine order number is 31697***. Expected ship date is 5/29.

They are limited to the same number of sets, according to the mint blog. I think that should work in all our favor (for early orders) and drive the price up to make a shiny dollar or two hundred...

Order number :censored:

5 sets of course.

Mine order number is :censored: . Expected ship date is 5/29.

Hey folks... considering the fiasco of the cancellations that happened during the UHR ordering, I would highly advise not post order numbers, even if obfuscated! The more information you give the better the opportunity for problems.

You would not post this information on a sign that is on your front lawn, why do it here!

Scott :hi:

I'm not sure but I think they fixed that problem. That was why the online order tracking was offline for several weeks. (Of course that could be the mints idea of a "fix")

Hey, Scotty. :hi:

It would take a thousand guesses to get our actual order number right. Plus, it would give us an idea of the number of orders placed. There were at least 20,000 orders placed until I made my order 2 hours after sells began.

You lost me at how a partial order number could affect our transaction. (shrug) What happened with the UHR cancellations? Since I didn't order one, I never followed the thread.

Thanks for the info.

Hey, Scotty. :hi:

It would take a thousand guesses to get our actual order number right. Plus, it would give us an idea of the number of orders placed. There were at least 20,000 orders placed until I made my order 2 hours after sells began.

You lost me at how a partial order number could affect our transaction. (shrug) What happened with the UHR cancellations? Since I didn't order one, I never followed the thread.

Thanks for the info.

From what I understood Vic, people were posting order numbers and others would then call the mint and cancel the order. Something like that.

Man I just checked the Mints site and my order went from 5/29 to 7/15 for shipping. How can they release and item for sale and then not ship for 2 months. Rediculous!!!

I ordered by phone... is there any way for me to check the delivery date? I was very early, I hope my date hasn't changed, that would be upsetting.

Man I just checked the Mints site and my order went from 5/29 to 7/15 for shipping. How can they release and item for sale and then not ship for 2 months. Rediculous!!!

The bastardos did the same thing to me! It said 5/29 yesterday! I'm glad that I don't deal with the mint much anymore since I stopped collecting proof sets, etc.

And that was totally jacked that people would cancel other's orders for the UHR!

Here it is Folks, One of the reasons the true collector has to pay out the A-S to collect coins. (see the above quote about flippin)