• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The latest addition to my collection

25 posts in this topic

With the addition of this coin my Colonial collection is now up to a whopping 3 coins! :D

1787_Mass_half_cent.jpg

Here is the entire "collection"

Colonial_collection.jpg

I am still trying to define my collection but I know I don't have the time or the resources to collect this area extensively. I am thinking 6-8 major types to represent this area of numismatics. Possibly a Continental dollar/ Nova/ New Jersey/ Vermont/ and Connecticut.

I am open to suggestions here. Any recommendations on what to include or exclude? :)

Boiler,

Excellent coins, all.

Coming from Massachusetts originally,

I love the Half Cent and the Shilling.

Any recommendations on what to include or exclude? :)

Yes! Please include me in your give away. :cloud9:

Spectacular coins!!

I've always enjoyed the New England issues... the six pence and the shilling.

Bar Cents have always been among my favorite colonial issues as well. Would you consider a bar cent as colonial?

Anyhow, since I'll most likely never be able to afford at least the NE issues... I'll have to live vicariously through Boilers when he acquires such.

Love your coins there Boiler, you definitely have an eye for exceptional appeal.

A Continental Dollar is a must! If I had your resources then I'd love one of each composition.

And I agree, A Bar Cent is crucial for your set.

i would buy a small planchet pine tree shilling

they are much MUCH scarcer in xf and and above than the large planchet

of course get one well centered

as well centered; xf/au and above is RARE!!