• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AANTV

7 posts in this topic

All I can say from what I've seen from other tv coin shows is that most coins are way over-priced. I don't think I've heard of this one , but if you wanna get some marketing prices you may want to compare the price of what you are looking at to the prices going on ebay for the same coin(s).

A very, very good rule of thumb is to never, ever buy a coin from television or most ads, especially if aimed at the general public and not the numismatic community. Their prices are way over-priced. And, in general, stay away from the large paged advertisers in the numismatic publications. Most sell either inferior, problematic or overpriced coins.

Nick Jr.------ When I first started to watch---months and months ago, I almost joined up so I could bid----ALMOST

In the beginning, they would REALLY have a "cherry" once in awhile----slabbed by PCGS or NGC. They would put it on like any other coin or pocket watch----let it go its 2 or 5 minute time line----and then take what had been offered. I used to lay in bed and "laugh" and "laugh". But, EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE, a nice coin would come up.

Now, after they got their coin and pocket watch "expert", they "TAKE OFFERS" for sometimes a very long time. They have the actual price that they want for something all figured out ahead of time. They won't FINISH the auction until the offers max out the coin or the pocket watch----THEREFORE----NO POTENTIAL BARGAINS or cherrypicking anymore. I have actually pretty much completely STOPPED watching. Their businesslike practices have taken all the FUN and potential away from their game. And, remember, it was ALWAYS their game. They just refined it to make it 100% their game. Bob [supertooth]