• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

i guess it's this shield for 2010 lincoln reverse

15 posts in this topic

The CCAC did not like any of the designs presented to them. I don't like the shield. We've done shielded coins before and I think this one is bland.

CCAC's selection does not mean that this will be the design chosen. CCAC "advises" the Secretary of the Treasury, who has the ultimate decision. The Commission for Fine Arts also has an opinion. The CFA selected a different design that was rejected because it resembles a design used on reichmark coins of the 1920-30s. The CFA can select another design at their next meeting later this month.

Scott :hi:

Of the four designs brought forward recently the shield nudged out the eagle as my preferred. Either would be okay with me. The shield strikes me as a token. Given the value of a cent that's about what it is worth.

Michael:

While I love the reverse on the coin, I would rather look at a more modern design and contend that art isn't dead, just the heads of those who select what they think is art for our coins. For example, I would have rather seen the attached portrait of Thomas Jefferson used only in 2005 to have been the new regular issue when the Westward Journey Series was over.

Scott :hi:

79354.jpg.a365b61490788ba15844c65d39d879ee.jpg

Wowzer, that one is gorgeous pendragon.

It is gorgeous, isn't it? I'm not sure I clarified enough in the first post, but it's over at David Lawrence rare coins for sale, I believe. Someone posted it over on the PCGS boards' British Coins Friday post.