• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Now... Approximately how dumb would I have to be...

13 posts in this topic

to respond to this email:

Subject Line: 1 New Message

Dear Customer,

We are currently performing regular maintenance of our security measures. Your account has been selected to be verified and you will now have to confirm your information, to validate your identity, if you want to restore your PayPal account. A verification page will appear after you Log In into your account.

Protecting the security of your account is our primary concern, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Click here to Log In

PayPal Email ID PP513

Ya know, I went back and checked and PayPal has never saluted me as "Customer."

Forward that to Paypal, they will supposedly investigate it.

And most companies will always address you by the name you registered with, as a security measure. Whenever you are addressed as customer, there is a very good chance it is either spam or phishing.

I get so many phishing scams that they don't even phase me anymore. They go to my junk mail and I mark them as phishing without ever opening them.

Forward that to Paypal, they will supposedly investigate it.

And most companies will always address you by the name you registered with, as a security measure. Whenever you are addressed as customer, there is a very good chance it is either spam or phishing.

I've forwarded the message to them for their consideration.

i dont even look any more. ill just go to PP and log in. if it lets me in they are phishing. ebay emails go to ebay also so there is no need to read in email.

I let something nasty get in one of my machines at work. If I try to login at Ebay.com It pops this one up. No I didnt give them any info.

scan0001.jpg

send to : spoof@paypal.com or spoof@ebay.com

If you move your mouse cursor over any of the highlighted names in the field of the letter for the 'links' they want you to click on within the field of the 'fake ' letter , you should see the url or web address pop up over your cursor or at the bottom left side of the screen for who is actually going to get your 'response' in the fake letter ....at least in windows 98,XP,and Vista anyway . Some of these goofballs atually have created return web addresses like : goof@paypal .rr.nc or yahoo....and some of these addresses were pirated .

Even if you think a letter IS real from papypal or ebay , never reply to any of them . Period.

Go and log in to your account on either site to check for messages .

I send all messages from either of those sites back by forwarding them to the spoof@'''' addresses , whether I think they are real or not . So far none have ever been real , and I have forwarded well over several hundred to date so far.

NOW , if I can just get those Africans to quit telling me I have a dead relative and that I need to send them my banking instructions to get my inheritance.....or those Brits to stop telling me I have won a million Euros in some lottery I've never heard of.....gee it never ends.