• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Set Completion

8 posts in this topic

Hi folks . :hi:

Just a question ,. Do you consider a set complete if you use other coins from different set to complete a different one ? . Or do you buy new coins for each set so each set is individual in itself ?

I am meaning registered sets

Thanks

The answer to that question is a no-brainer, in my opinion. Of course registry coins are interchangeable. It seems very redundant to me. Let me say that again, it seems very redundant to me to purchase duplicate coins unless one really wants to.

I believe the registry actually lets you register ONE coin under multiple headings so there woud be no need to buy duplicates for just for registry purposes.

once i have a set and its complete i will get a second coin for a different set. like if i complete the usa type set, i will not also use those coins for the 1c type set. it makes me feel as though i am cheating.

thats just me though :)

Agreed, though slightly annoying. For example, I have my Ike set, but some of the coins double for my type set. Same with the SBAs, my war-time nickels, etc. While technically there's no reason not to double-count the coins, I kinda feel like ant - it's cheating.