• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bust Quarter and Halves

8 posts in this topic

Any guesses on these? What's with the 1833, is it in really good condition or has it just been cleaned and polished very hard? I'm pretty sure it is the later. Is there any value to it? I was told it was AU, but after seeing the pics it almost certainly looks cleaned to me. Is it even real? Attributions are welcome also.

1831 Quarter

1831QTRFront.jpg

1831QTRBack.jpg

1828 half

1828HalfFront.jpg

1828HalfBack.jpg

1833 half

1833HalfFront-2.jpg

1833HalfBack.jpg

1828 – Fair at best

1833 - This coin has been cleaned and wizzed or polished . If it was original it would not grade AU. It is real – real ugly :)

1831 ~ VG8

1828 ~ G-4 Details, Damaged

1833 ~ AU50 Details, Polished, Cleaned

I like the 1831 25C!

I agree.

Not that it matters much, but the 1831 quarter is variety 2 according to ,The Early Quarter Dollars of the United States, 1796-1838" by Browning. A common variety. Grade wise I go with a solid Good, but short of VG.

I agree with the assessment of the other 2 coins. The obverse damage on the 1828 half is pretty significant and the polishing of the 1833 is really a shame. Interesting coins but not real high quality for collectors.

RI AL

On the 1828, I would grade it VG details net G, the 1833, polished, VF details, net VG.