• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

An Old Friend Comes Home For The Holidays!!!!

11 posts in this topic

I sold this piece about a year ago and have it back home with me now. I believe it's one of the nicer toned Peace Dollars that came available on the market. Of course the one ArtR owns has got to be the nicest one in existence, that has been shown anyway.Hope you enjoy the image. It's just a scan and doesn't completely show the vibrancy of the colors.... nor does it depict the nice luster.

The best to everyone during this holiday season. laugh.gif

1924_Peace_dollar_ms64_star.jpg

stman:

Thanks for the compliment on the coin. I'm hoping some day to see the 34-D that is firmly installed in a collection in the Chicago area, which has obverse toning very similar to the toning that appears on the reverse of my 22-D. I say firmly installed because the owner has turned down a five figure buy price for the coin, which by the way is still raw. It has been seen in person by two guys I know who both claim it is the finest toned Peace Dollar they have ever seen anywhere, and these guys have seen a lot of Peace Dollars.

Consider your self lucky to get that Peace Dollar back. When they have that kind of look they will (as you probably know) go into a collection and stay there. A very nice coin with the eye appeal seldom seen on a Peace Dollar.

That's a GREAT looking Peace dollar. Must be worth what..........10% back of bid? wink.giflaugh.gif

Great coin.

Cough Cough.... Yeah HELLO!!! Yes I do feel fortunate to have been able to get this one back. What did it take?

I had to ask the dreaded question of..... "What would it take to pry it out of your hands?" shocked.gif I paid the price and glad I did. Today anyway. wink.gif

I had a couple of coins I've sold and wished I had them back. I know where they are and the owners know that I'll buy them back........it's just a matter of time though.......we need to have patience and serendity......a quran prayer might help.......perhaps some yoga. 893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gif

Leo

Thanks for the good words on this Peace Dollar. What's kind of funny is in the past I really didn't like this design. But once they are toned up with some decent color they can be amazing. Add the "Hunt" to find nicely toned examples and it can be a challenge.

I don't collect these by date for a set, mainly the "look" is what interests me.

ArtR... Your beautiful Peace Dollar is amazing and appears to be an end-roller. I was thinking it would really be exciting if you ever bumped into the other end coin from the roll, and if it matched your current coin I'd bet you would really be 893scratchchin-thumb.gif in heaven.

ArtR... Your beautiful Peace Dollar is amazing and appears to be an end-roller. I was thinking it would really be exciting if you ever bumped into the other end coin from the roll, and if it matched your current coin I'd bet you would really be in heaven.

stman, You are correct it is a end roll coin. The coin from the other end of the roll is in the collection of the guy from the Chicago area that I mentioned in my other post. I honestly don't know what the coin looks like, but it is obverse toned, and from what I have been told about this guys collection I am sure it is a great coin.