• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Acronyms used in Coin Collecting

5 posts in this topic

I have often been confounded with the use of certain acronyms (a word formed from the first [or first few] letters of several words, [such] as radar, from [ra]dio [d]tecting [a]nd [r]anging) used on message boards and by accident, looking for Bolander Number (B#) and Bowers & Borckardt Number (BB#) references, I came across this list. Now when I come across a word or acronym that is unfamilar I may be able to refer to this list. This list is not complete by any means but should be a word reference foundation to be appended when necessary.

Hope this will help others with the same problem to now be able to make sense of these new words.

Access: Acronyms used in Coin Collecting, www.stanford.edu/~clint/coinacro.htm

I have often been confounded with the use of certain acronyms (a word formed from the first [or first few] letters of several words, [such] as radar, from [ra]dio [d]tecting [a]nd [r]anging) used on message boards and by accident, looking for Bolander Number (B#) and Bowers & Borckardt Number (BB#) references, I came across this list. Now when I come across a word or acronym that is unfamilar I may be able to refer to this list. This list is not complete by any means but should be a word reference foundation to be appended when necessary.

Hope this will help others with the same problem to now be able to make sense of these new words.

Access: Acronyms used in Coin Collecting, www.stanford.edu/~clint/coinacro.htm

Although most of the acronyms listed are not pronouncable they are more initials than acronyms. Agree?