• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009 pennies

48 posts in this topic

sorry to hear about your misfortune.i hope the post office finds your shipment.when i have a shipment date they are usually here.it really suxs to even think there could be a thief with-in the postal service.i hope it all works out for you!!!

I received four of the log cabin cents in change yesterday. Give it enough time, every one of these new designs will be available in quantity after the speculators who have been hoarding them find that they cannot sell them for what they thought they could. These coins are, after all, as common as the sand on the beach.

recieved the five sets of the formative year pennies yesterday.it sure looks like they are making alot more of these,then the first ones.where will the madness end?

I would like an honest answer to a simple question.

First, I understand that the fed has supposedly been flooded with old pennies due to the rough economic condition in which we were placed for all the reasons stated hundreds of times. My question though has to do with why the banks are not circulating the new coins in any quantity.

Second, I have been told by 7 different banks locally that they are not ordering any 2009 pennies due to the infux of old pennies and those that do are ordering one box an order period or less just for their customers. That I know to be bull as I have offered each bank a minimum offer to buy of 4 boxes any time they wish to sell them.

Third,and down to my question, If the banks wished to order say 50 boxes of pennies--would the fed honor the orders and allow the orders to go through? If not, why all the hyperbole about the old pennies as no one wishes to buy them by the box so therefore, the 2009 purchases would in no way hold back the banks from getting rid of the old cents.

I don't mind being lied to, evidently, as I keep voting for liars and thieves each year, but I would like it to be a tricky little lie that at leasts interests me.

Thanks for your time.

Jim

Got my boxes of Rail Splitters today. NIce, I opened one box and will examine the 100 coins to see if there are any worthy of sending to NGC

I will keep a box closed and sell a box perhaps if the mint sells out that is.

:think:

Several things to understand. Unlike the state quarters and the President dollars the banks CAN NOT specifically order the new cents. They can order cents but can't specificly order 2009 cents.

Then consider that Fed policy is that coin orders are filled first from stocks of circulated coins, and only once the circulated stocks are depleted do they ship out the uncirculated coins. Finally when they ship out the Unc coins they ship out the oldest Unc coins first and then the new ones.

So from this you can see that if the Fed is actually being flooded with change hoards that are being redeemed, they must work their way through all of that, and any older Unc coins they have before they can get to the new Lincolns.

I picked up five rolls of the Indiana reverse from my local hometown bank. I've only found a couple of Kentucky reverses in circulation.

can someone tell me how to get an article from my e-mail and paste it here? i have no clue?

You aren't able to just highlight it, copy it, and paste it??

can someone tell me how to get an article from my e-mail and paste it here? i have no clue?

You aren't able to just highlight it, copy it, and paste it??

Like he said highlight it and Press Control C then click on the page where you want to put it and push Control V