• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009 pennies

48 posts in this topic

finally got my 5 rolls of p&d lincoln cents from the mint! out of the 10 rolls only 1 can i see the reverse of the penny.has anyone else got there's from the mint?

As my brother used to say: "Waiting, waiting, boring, boring."

I'm sorry to continue my rant.. but again I ordered one set of these pennies a long time ago. Over a month+. I have yet to receive my measly one set of coins. Yet today I see all over E-bay auction after auction of these rolls for big bucks. People are selling multiples etc. You see stacks of the rolls in un-opened boxes being sold at one time. Yet for some reason (after 4 calls or more) my 1 pair is still not in my hands. Seems someone is buying huge quantities yet again and the little guy gets pushed aside so the wolves can extort big bucks for the rolls of log cabin pennies while the little guy waits to see if he even gets his goods at all.

This is a bunch of garbage. I guess if I really want a roll of the pennies I could cancel my order and pay over 10 times for them and maybe get them within 3 days of my order versus 6 weeks or more if ever. What a joke. I'm trying to keep my post polite. I'm saving how I really feel for the US mint.

As my brother used to say: "Waiting, waiting, boring, boring."

I'm sorry to continue my rant.. but again I ordered one set of these pennies a long time ago. Over a month+. I have yet to receive my measly one set of coins. Yet today I see all over E-bay auction after auction of these rolls for big bucks. People are selling multiples etc. You see stacks of the rolls in un-opened boxes being sold at one time. Yet for some reason (after 4 calls or more) my 1 pair is still not in my hands. Seems someone is buying huge quantities yet again and the little guy gets pushed aside so the wolves can extort big bucks for the rolls of log cabin pennies while the little guy waits to see if he even gets his goods at all.

This is a bunch of garbage. I guess if I really want a roll of the pennies I could cancel my order and pay over 10 times for them and maybe get them within 3 days of my order versus 6 weeks or more if ever. What a joke. I'm trying to keep my post polite. I'm saving how I really feel for the US mint.

You need to look at the auctions but most of them are pre-sale auctions!! They don't have the coins in hands yet.

My first search results on the two roll set "In Stock....Not a presale. US Mint Commemorative Lincoln Log Cabin Two Roll Penny Set" Buy it now price of $139.95!!!! Granted.. there is presales but this follows the previous trend with the LC and many other coins. I order them.. it shows in stock and reserved and maybe a month later I might get what I order or sold out no longer available. I don't wait long to make an order on things I want. I usually try to order the day its released. I order a set for myself and sometimes a set for my nephew that likes coins. He can't afford any so I try to get duplicates to expand his collection. I ordered two of the LC Proofs and my nephews never came in. I did order the second one later but according to the sales figures I should have got it. I still don't have my UNC I ordered back in early march. I did see a lot of presales on the Braille coin.. which I think preselling is a huge risk with the current state of the mints order processing.

Just venting...

sometimes i think the mint starts holding things back when they sell better. i think they see all the huge profits made and put them on hold so others cant at that time. maybe they are trying to teach those who sell "pre" sales a lesson.

heck maybe they are selling them on ebay themselves :P

sometimes i think the mint starts holding things back when they sell better. i think they see all the huge profits made and put them on hold so others cant at that time. maybe they are trying to teach those who sell "pre" sales a lesson.

heck maybe they are selling them on ebay themselves :P

Nothing would suprise me lol

YES!

The email just arrived saying my Lincolns Rolls :cloud9: have been shipped!

I am looking forward to the set

Glad to hear your getting the Goods. Now if I could only get mine. ????

Hit the Dulles Coin & Currency show in Virginia today around 5pm and apparently P rolls had been going out the door by the truckload at $8 a piece, only a couple dealers had any left and they'd gone up to $10/roll with some talk that they'd probably be going to $15 or $20 by Sunday. Apparently a couple folks had already had luck selling them at $15. No wonder I haven't been able to get any from my bank.

When you say keep them in the rolls do you leave them in the paper or do you put them in roll coin tubes after taking them out of the paper? I have several boxes of state quarters as well and am not sure if it is best to leave them in the unopened box, put the rolled coins in a tube or take them out of the paper and put them in coin tubes. What do you all do with "wrapped rolls" - leave the paper on or remove the paper?

If they are in US Mint rolls, leave them in the wrapper. They will preserve thier value much better. Regular rolls would be at your own descretion there.

PAPER...as soon as you take those out of the paper rolls they become BU rolls. OBW (mint rolls in this case) have far more potential value. For example, if a major error is found on the 09 EC cent, an unopened roll will command a significant premium because there is a chance at finding the error within it. However, an opened BU roll is generally considered to be searched, so it would only have value a long time from now (50-60 years perhaps). I'm not saying there is going to be an error found, but original rolls are better.

Finally got my one set today. think I'll leave them in the box un-opened.

The way they're selling.. Good Idea. I can't get over the $25 boxes of the new cents selling for over 150+

My US Mint order of the five boxes of 2009 Lincoln pennies was shipped on 4/22/09. The estimated date of delivery was 4/28/09. As of 5/4/09 my tracking order shows they were delivered to the USPS on 4/27/09. My PO says they have not received them. I called the US Mint this evening and they told me to wait another two weeks and then call back if I do not have them. Over the years I have had about 25 US Mint orders and never had any delivered AFTER the expected delivery date. Has anyone experienced a delivery 2-3 weeks after the due delivery date? I try to give the benefit of the doubt but I think I may have been ripped off and will probably only get some form of credit from the Mint since this was a Sold Out issue.

Boxes as in Lincoln 2 roll set boxes? Not sure what to tell you in terms of the mint. Seem like a really weird few months.

I just got my first one in change!!! I decided to treat myself to a "berry sundae" at Costco tonight when I picked up some photos and gave the cashier 2 $1 coins for the $1.79 purchase. I got back a 2005 dime, 2006 dime, and a 2009 cent!! I quickly asked if she had a roll of them, but she didn't unfortunately.