• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I finally got the toned proof IHC that I've wanted for a LONG time!

9 posts in this topic

Mark's been doing a really good job looking out for me when he heard I wanted a toned, proof IHC (well, I've wanted one for a long time... he found out a few montsh ago)... so when he got a few in, he sent them on approval. It figures the one I liked most... was the cheapest laugh.gif Also, thanks goes to an anonymous board member who footed part of the bill, enabling me to buy the coin.

Here's the Pinnacle shot (NGC PF65RB)

174328302.jpg

The coin is really recessed in the holder, and incredibly hard to photograph... I'm working on it...

Well, heck... here are a few of my shots (you'll notice how the coin is a nice chocolate with a hint of color without much light... I like that, because I can see the details really well... rotate it a bit, and it glows! laugh.gif)

proof_obv_Tone.jpg

proof_obv_Tone_glow.jpg

proof_obv_noTone.jpg

proof_rev_glow.jpg

proof_rev_ngc65.jpg

Thanks again to Mark, and the anonymous member!

Jeremy smile.gif

That looks like a really pretty cent, Jeremy. These IHCs that are toned in this manner are some of the best buys in numismatics, in my opinion.

All you guys with this beautiful copper and bronze lately has really been getting my attention. Phenomenal pieces everyone. I'm a silver guy but I can certainly appreciate pieces as beautiful as this. thumbsup2.gif