• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Not an ancient coin I'm rushing to add to my collection....

9 posts in this topic

This is a new one to me. Interesting, I guess. hm I believe the description is in German.

image00564.jpg

RÖMISCHE MÜNZEN

KAISERREICH

CARACALLA (197 - 217)

Serdike in Thrakien

Bronze. ΑVΤ Κ Μ ΑV C∍V ΑΝΤΩΝ∍ΙΝΟ. Portraitkopf mit Lorbeerkranz nach rechts. Perlkreis; Rs: C-∍Ρ/ΔΩΝ. Zwei homophile Eroten beim Rektalverkehr nach rechts. Perlkreis. SNG Cop. 801; Winterthur 1258; L. Ruzicka, NZ 48, 1915, 62 Nr. 380. 5,72g. St. 12. Sehr selten und gesucht. Gut zentriert, fast vorzüglich.

"Two playing Erotes, the one walking on his hands" (SNG Cop.). Dezent formuliert; allerdings ist bei dem Ex. in Kopenhagen das Glied nicht erkennbar.

Haha lol the Romans did like there phallic stuff didn't they .. we dig up lots of phallic pendents hear in the UK

Haha lol the Romans did like there phallic stuff didn't they .. we dig up lots of phallic pendents hear in the UK

Dooly, do you ever dig up artifacts that can be traced to knights, castles, that kind of stuff?

Yes i do .. i have permission to dig a round a castle and hopefully i am going there tomorrow !! got a gilded Spur yesterday which had to be form the nobility in the 1700's also i find lots of heraldic buttons and pendents .. also had a few vesita seals over the years