• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toned 1993 ASE

18 posts in this topic

Is there a premium on this type of coin and is there a collector's market for them? There's a nice blue halo around Liberty's head and shoulders that doesn't show up well in photo. Still not getting my toned coin photos quite yet. Pat 1993-2AmerEagleobv-2.jpg

1993-2AmerEaglerev-2.jpg[/img]

All attractive coins have a market. This is an attractive ASE, IMO, and would bring a premium. How much more? All depends on who's watching the auction at the time and if there's two or more people that value it highly. So, it could bring, on ebay, anywhere from $20 to $80.

I thought that these .999 silver coins toned so easy that they rarely draw much of a premium (shrug)

That's a good point. Still, it's pretty to look at.

Pat

I thought that these .999 silver coins toned so easy that they rarely draw much of a premium (shrug)

That's a good point. Still, it's pretty to look at.

Pat

No doubt (thumbs u

I would actually like to know how close the colors are in-hand as to what the pics show. I guess it's just me, but this color looks questionable to me whether it's NT.

Well, the color looks semi natural, but I wouldn't call it attractive and would doubt there would be much of a premium at this time. If the album is causing that kind of toning though, you might want to leave it there a bit longer and see what the outcome is. So, all in all, for a gain of $10 or so, I would keep it in there for a bit longer and see if it turns into a large profit, which could happen.

These coins were in the collections my husband inherited from his dad and uncle. I can't remember what holders or albums they were in. His uncle tended to wrap things in saranwrap and sandwich baggies and the old blue Whitman albums.

I'm having a difficult time photographing tinted coins. These were taken with my super macro lenses which tends to make the coins look blotchy. I'm going to keep experimenting.

Pat

In looking at the photos you posted just ahead of this post, your coins have much more color than the ones I have posted.

These coins were in the collections my husband inherited from his dad and uncle. I can't remember what holders or albums they were in. His uncle tended to wrap things in saranwrap and sandwich baggies and the old blue Whitman albums.

I'm having a difficult time photographing tinted coins. These were taken with my super macro lenses which tends to make the coins look blotchy. I'm going to keep experimenting.

Pat

In looking at the photos you posted just ahead of this post, your coins have much more color than the ones I have posted.

Spot plus 10%... Somewhere around $12.00

Untitled-3.png

Untitled-4.png