• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Adios, arrivederci, tam biet and adios

14 posts in this topic

FYI, boardsters, I'll be off-line for at least a week or so. My contract is up here at Tacoma General Hospital, ending a 15 month assignment. It has all been good. In the two and a half years that I've been working as a traveling CT tech, I've worked Nebraska, Maine, Missouri and Washington state. I'm now going to take a vacation for awhile in the Ozark Mountains in Arkansas at my mom's place. I'll probably do a little per diem work there in Clinton, AR but will hit the road again after I do some work on the place. I have a 2500 mile trip to do so I will be silent for awhile. Ok now guys, stop applauding. 893naughty-thumb.gif I will be back! Here's a copy of my message to my co-workers:

To all of the girls in cat scan (and yes, this includes Mohammed and Quoc 893whatthe.gif ),

It's been good, it's been fun

but, alas, my work here is done.

Perhaps, we will meet again

and I'll tell you of all the new places that I've been.

Adios, arrivederci, tam biet and good bye

memories of here will bring a sigh.

I'll miss you all, each and every one

but don't you know, it's all about the mon.

I love you all! Take care and God bless.

Victor D. Easley

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Best of luck wherever you end up, Victor! Don't forget to tell everyone that it rained every day while you were here... gossip.gif

Victor, COME VISIT VEGAS! We need your services here very badly. There is a shortage of medical personnel in Vegas and you could easily get a job here for as long as you want to stay. Weather is GREAT too!

Daivd

So long Victor, we'll miss you here in the Northwest. I still can't believe you are going to a place called "Clinton" in Arkansas... 893whatthe.gif

Victor, COME VISIT VEGAS! We need your services here very badly. There is a shortage of medical personnel in Vegas and you could easily get a job here for as long as you want to stay. Weather is GREAT too!

Daivd

Hey Dave,

Been there, done that! smirk.gif I worked at Lake Mead Hospital for 6 years and at Desert Spings Hospital for 2 years. Besides, that's sin-city, man. crazy.gif

Ok, Victor! But I STILL think it is better then ANYwhere in the SW---humidity thick enough to put out cigarettes and gnats big enough to smoke! grin.gif

Have a GREAT time! We'll miss you! frown.gif

David

Thanks, Dave!

Well, boardsters, I've been side-tracked. I left Tacoma on Christmas eve, just as a severe rain and snow storm hit the Pacific Northwest. I made it 350 miles into the trip before I hit some black ice. Wicked stuff! There were 25 accidents on Christmas eve and Christmas day in the Baker City, OR area (eastern Oregon). But, it's all good! My Honda was totaled buy my St. Bernard and I are ok and besides, I'm now the proud owner of a brand new 2004 Ford F150 supercab, 4-wheel drive pick-em-up truck! I'm thankful that all is ok because I know that things could ALWAYS be worse. I appreciate all of the support from you guys and I do miss the interaction on the boards. Well, I'm at the library and Caleb is shedding in my new truck so I gotta go. Take care, guys.

Victor,

I’m glad to hear that you are O.K., that is the most important thing. So you never made it to Arkansas? Where are you now? Good luck with your new truck. I have heard that the 2004 F150's are pretty nice. I’m a Chevy man, so I ride to coin shows in a 2003 Chevy Tahoe LT 4X4. cloud9.gif

Hurry back to posting regularly.

John

Good grief, Victor, what a Holiday! Glad you (and Caleb) are ok. The highway near Baker, OR can be very icy, windy and treacherous. I went off the road into the snowbank there myself years ago in a Ford F150. I guess that you made it to Arkansas ok?

Well, I finally got my trailer fixed and I'm going to try to hit the road in a couple of hours in order to stay ahead of the incoming storm. Every actually worked out great and I even benefited from the accident. I am getting stir crazy, though, being cooped up in a motel room for almost two-weeks. Well, time to pack. You all take care and maybe my next post will actually be about coins. smile.gif

Well, I finally got my trailer fixed and I'm going to try to hit the road in a couple of hours in order to stay ahead of the incoming storm. Every actually worked out great and I even benefited from the accident. I am getting stir crazy, though, being cooped up in a motel room for almost two-weeks. Well, time to pack. You all take care and maybe my next post will actually be about coins. smile.gif
Be careful.