• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The new imaged slabs

6 posts in this topic

Hey, this just occurred to me - with the new submissions all being imaged, there should be an option in the registry sets that lets people automatically display the NGC images for their coins. Click the button and it imports the pictures into your set for you. I think this will greatly improve the registry experience, especially for those collectors with no pictures in their sets - make it easy.

The pictures look pretty good, keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

Hey, this just occurred to me - with the new submissions all being imaged, there should be an option in the registry sets that lets people automatically display the NGC images for their coins. Click the button and it imports the pictures into your set for you. I think this will greatly improve the registry experience, especially for those collectors with no pictures in their sets - make it easy.

:applause::applause:

I had been thinking that myself. Granted, on a good day I like my own pictures more than theirs, but they'd make a nice stand-in until I get my own images up. It might also free up room on their servers since (if done right) the image would only have to be stored in one place even while serving dual purpose.

Won't happen, already asked permission to use some which I never got images of (I think I paid for imaging too) and was told they are not for general use

I was glad to read this on another thread

You can get a free membership at NGC. You just don't get submission rights or access to the census. You can access the verification page though

Won't happen, already asked permission to use some which I never got images of (I think I paid for imaging too) and was told they are not for general use.

Of course not. No one would ever pay the $ for the imaging service again. As it is, I don't see why people will now. I prefer to take my own picks, even if they aren't the best.