• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I need some help with some Mecury's and a Lincoln

8 posts in this topic

(shrug) Hi everyone thanks for your time, I have some coins here that I would like to grade but I need opinions take a look please. I have 5 Mercury's and one Lincoln, this 2 Mercury's are the better looking one's. The baddest one you could still see some except mint mark, date's and mint mark's are 1927-unknown mint, 1939-P,1942-S,1943-P,1943-P and the Lincoln is a 1994-D silver in color wish I found like that inside a roll of penny I got from the bank weird please help thanks. (shrug)

76701.jpg.d9c5420edb7ab2ea34b235536399bc3a.jpg

76702.jpg.bf81aa509eca14f9ae6fa728ff4e08c6.jpg

76703.jpg.89c8c8e42e3abe5402b8a34efd78ec68.jpg

76704.jpg.5882d94593115552d9dec0167499d281.jpg

76705.jpg.7b05d91ba20d665b20f275e26b32f14e.jpg

The first two look cleaned and would be worth silver content. ~$1 Plus, they are common dates and very circulated so they'd only be worth spot anyhow.

The cent looks like it might have missed it's copper plating? Hard to tell from the photo. What does it look like in hand?

It look shinny and all details are extremely clear sharp edges it's circulated but well take care off by me, excellent condition but I thought the same it just lost the copper I read the 1994 penny was made of 90% something zinc 10% copper or something like anyway look great for any collection and the mercury's they use to be my grandpa's he pass them to my dad and my dad recently pass them to me and they have been inside the 2x2 since them

Bob, stunning piece there. CoinGuy, that Lincoln looks really dull, even for not having copper plating. Try weighing the coin and determining if it is slightly less than the standard. If it is almost the same, then it is just circulated, if it's a bit less it may not have been plated. Talk to your local ANA dealer and seek their opinion. If they feel it might be unplated send it to ANACS

Both of the Mercury dimes have been cleaned and probably polished. As someone else said both coins are only worth the current price for 90% silver bullion coins.

The Lincoln cent has had its copper coating removed. In order to qualify as an uncoated mint error, the piece should show full mint bloom. This piece is dull because the original surfaces have been removed.