• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your Texas Classic Commemorative Coin

16 posts in this topic

This is nearly a perfect circulated commemorative. It has nice wear and nice, original surfaces. The only thing that possible could be improved on it is if it were a little darker. Still, a flawless circulated coin which is hard to find for the commemorative type!

76637.jpg.a6a14f83e32d3e4af536d8e6a8926af4.jpg

76638.jpg.bb1dfe0c4579e68e35b504f2c2b1242b.jpg

The seller just left me feedback for this coin and he was feedback #666! I asked him if he was the :devil:. haha

76639.jpg.026619474fc78addad1be77508a7d7f4.jpg

Here is a darker Texas. For some reason unknown to me, I cannot get the pictures to display. Does this format not take jpg files? I'll try to send it as an attachment to an email.

img100.jpg

img101.jpg

I'm waiting on a couple that we just ordered to arrive in the mail, but you can view the set (which is currently a bit over half complete) here:

http://coins.www.collectors-society.com/registry/coins/SetListing.aspx?PeopleSetID=61415

My step-father is a 5th generation Texan so he wants to have a set of them.

Dang, and all I want is one!! That's a nice one Vic! That's a nice set going there Rev. Barberian, looks like you need to fix your pic link.

Dang, and all I want is one!! That's a nice one Vic! That's a nice set going there Rev. Barberian, looks like you need to fix your pic link.

How? I have followed their instructions perfectly. There is something fundamental that I'm doing wrong and it is ticking me off. I have no problems posting pictures to the "other" board.

I see you're using photobucket. You should just be able to copy the third link below your pic and paste it in your post. there's also another post that says he couldn't post his pics, there may be an issue on the boards itself.

So did you check out all my photos in my photobucket file?

How did you like my picture of Rosie O'Donnell?

No sir. I just noticed your pic links had photobucket on them.

Sorry. I didn't realize that you were responding to Revenant. I thought you called me Rev. Barberian. I'm totally confused tonight.

Sorry. I didn't realize that you were responding to Revenant. I thought you called me Rev. Barberian. I'm totally confused tonight.

I was responding to you. That's a period in between Revs name and yours. I seen where your pics had "photobucket" in the link. Try just copying the third link under your picture in photobucket and then pasting it in your post here. It should work that way.

(shrug) Well, Choya saw one while we were looking at some other stuff one day and he really liked it. I had been aware of it previously because I like the design so I explained what they were. He decided to get the coin (a PCGS MS65 1934), and then after I told him more about the make up of the set he thought it would be fun to make a date set and then that evolved into just building the set. He's willing to pay for them so I just help hunt down coins that meet his standards and handle the purchases. Once some packages arrive, we'll only need a 1938 to complete the set (anybody got an extra one lying around by chance?)

On a fun side note, one of the NGC MS66s (the 1935-S if I remember right) he bought raw for $150 at the first show we attended in the summer of '07. He'd looked at quite a few of them that day and decided that that one was worth it. We sent it in on the coupon and it got the grade we were hoping for.

Here is a darker Texas. For some reason unknown to me, I cannot get the pictures to display. Does this format not take jpg files? I'll try to send it as an attachment to an email.

76645.jpg.677d90445528511fba51fe4511dd7b72.jpg

76646.jpg.08df949067112682c4ce93c6374116fa.jpg

img100.jpg

img101.jpg

[

Works now. Great design and beautiful group of Texans. (thumbs u